AdventHealth Radiology Registrar Full Time Da in Deland, Florida
- Answers telephones and greets patients, physicians and other staff in a prompt, courteous fashion. Relays messages, information and transfers calls as needed. Explains preparations and other procedures as needed. Enters patient orders and other information into the patient record via Cerner information system. Gives patients appropriate history/consent forms and assist in completion as appropriate for exam as scheduled.
- Assembles requisitions, folders, labels and patient questionnaires as needed for exam completion. Coordinates care of patients by communicating status of patient, waiting times, other scheduled procedures and clinical information to the technologist and patient floors as needed.
- Prints, sorts, files, faxes, and distributes radiology reports as per procedure. Calls reports to physicians or nursing floors as needed. Releases records, in accordance with applicable policy and regulations. Scans in outside films, setting up comparison studies as needed.
- Contacts appropriate technologist or supervisor when orders are received requiring non-routine service. May call “On Call” staff or physicians as needed.
- Proficiency in the performance of basic math functions, capability to communicate professionally with an acceptable use of English and spelling.
- Must possess general clerical skills(such as typing), as well as good communication and organizational skills. Must be able to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Communication skills as necessary for contacts with patients, and family members of adult, adolescent, pediatric and geriatric age groups.
- Good telephone and communication skills are necessary.
- While policy and procedures are available and a great deal of the work is routine, new situations arise frequently. Employee must be able to use own judgment and initiative to resolve immediate or urgent problems and expedite patient care as needed. Judgment needed to inform appropriate person (Radiologist, Supervisor, or Technologist) or urgent issues or problems. Must be able to act quickly when emergency situations occur such as fire, security or disaster.
- Knowledge of Medical Terminology is preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Minimum 6 months experience in office and customer service setting is required.
- Experience in computer programs (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is encouraged.
- Medical office experience desirable, with radiology experience preferred.
- Some experience in a hospital registration or collection area is preferred.
- Physician office experience considered beneficial as well.
This position is under the direct supervision of Radiology Registrar Office Coordinator. Performs radiology clerical functions, order entry, filing and report printing sorting and distribution. Greets patients at radiology reception desk, explaining exam preparation procedures and completion of appropriate history or other forms as needed. Interviews patient and/or families to complete the registration process. Registers patients for Outpatient Services. Obtains pre cert and/or authorizations, performs eligibility verification, requests and receipts payments of services and performs cashiering functions. Constant contact with patients, patients’ families, physicians’ offices, insurance companies and hospital staff. Reviews patient orders and contacts physicians offices as needed to clarify orders or to relay reports as needed. Coordinates with Technical staff as needed regarding patient status, wait times and scheduling issues. Answer telephones, transfers calls and relays messages as needed. Performs records release of radiology films and reports. Responsibility to adhere to the AdventHealth Deland Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.