All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits & Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Career Growth and Advancement Potential
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Location: AdventHealth DeLand – 701 W Plymouth Ave, DeLand, FL 32720
Shift : FT Days
The role you’ll contribute: This specifically trained nurse assists the surgeon in performing surgical procedures. Responsibilities include the planning, administering and/or supervising the nursing activities on the operative patient. Maintains a safe and aseptic environment during surgery. Responsible to adhere to the Adventist Health System Corporate Compliance Plan, and to all the rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies.
In addition, the RN first assistant at surgery collaborates with the surgeon in performing a safe operating with optimal outcome for the patient. The RNFA practices peri-operative nursing and must have acquired the necessary specific knowledge, skills and judgment. The RNFA practices under the supervision of the surgeon during the intra-operative phase of the peri-operative experience. The RN First Assistant may be scheduled to function in the scrub or circulating role when not assigned to FA duties.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Utilizes his/her knowledge and skills in giving safe and effective nursing care.
· Carries out those activities delegated by the physician which concern medications, treatment, and diagnostic measures.
· Knows available supplies and equipment and their use within the OR suite. Uses, time, effort and materials economically.
· Prepares and maintains sterile and non-sterile supplies and equipment. Assists with cleaning of rooms, restocking and updating supplies.
· Maintains thorough and complete record of each patient’s procedure according to established
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Perioperative Nursing
· Documented completion of RNFA program (exception: CRNFA certified prior to 1998)
· One to two years of general nursing experience in an acute care setting.
· Current Florida RN license required.
· Five years of nursing experience in the required specialty (Preferred)
· CNOR, CRNFA (Preferred)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24000768
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth DeLand
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $38.421 - $57.632
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 24000768
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day