AdventHealth Respiratory Therapist II FT Nights $10,000 Sign On Bonus $3,000 Relocation Bonus Potential in Deland, Florida
Location Address: 701 West Plymouth Avenue, Deland, FL 32720
- Work for a healthcare system that believes in “Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- No State income tax
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Delivers routine respiratory treatments and continuous respiratory therapy including aerosol therapy, lung expansion therapy, oxygen therapy and bronchial hygiene in accordance with applicable policy and procedure.
- Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
- Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
- Maintains a supportive atmosphere conducive to quality care, department growth, staff development and high morale.
- Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
- Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acids. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
- Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
- Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms as well as pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
What You Will Need:
- Must be registered (RRT) or certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by National Board for Respiratory Care.
- Current BLS certification.
- ACLS must be obtained within 90 day of employment.
- PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the incumbent's regional hospital.
- FL RRT or CRT license. If CRT licensed, must have a minimum of 4 years' experience.
- One year experience in critical care preferred.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.