All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Student Loan Repayment Program
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind, and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
· Schedule: PRN
· Shift : Nights 7-7pm
· The community you will be caring for : AdventHealth Deland - 701 W Plymouth Ave. Deland, FL 32720
The role you will contribute:
The Respiratory Therapist III provides routine, emergent and critical cardiopulmonary care under the direction of a physician to neonatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patients. Takes responsibility as Lead Therapist covering in a supervisory capacity in the absence of a Lead Therapist. Ad
The value you will bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Supervises the delivery of cardiopulmonary care in accordance with applicable policy and procedure. Ensures the effectiveness of therapist assessment and reassessment by monitoring patient progress. Recommends change in respiratory plan of care according to documented medical necessity and within the confines of established protocols.
· Monitors, instructs and coaches patient before, during and after treatment delivery. Prevents and/or resolves untoward side effects. Adjusts therapies according to protocol and documented clinical criteria. Makes and/or recommends changes based on pulse oximetry, peak flow measurement, chest x-ray, lab work and other data relevant to optimal patient progress.
· Serves as resource to staff. Trains and instructs cardiopulmonary and other staff. Helps to supervise student preceptorship program. May serve as BLS, ACLS, PALS and/or NRP instructor.
· Maintains a supportive atmosphere conducive to quality care, department growth, staff development and high morale.
· Initiates and maintains mechanical ventilation. Determines or guides the determination of ventilator mode and settings. Reevaluates patient/ventilator interface a minimum of every four hours. Responds to alarms and otherwise troubleshoots as needed. Establishes weaning readiness and facilitates weaning process. Adjusts ventilator in accordance with patient progress.
· Draws and analyzes arterial blood gases which may include Lactic Acid. Places arterial lines. Makes or recommends changes in respiratory management according to blood gas results.
· Responds to emergencies including Code STEMI, Rapid Response and Code Blues; establishes and maintains airway, performs CPR.
· Operates as support staff for cardiopulmonary diagnostics. This may include performing: cardiac stress testing under direct physician supervision, setting up and discontinuing holter monitors, electrocardiograms, pulmonary function testing and electroencephalograms.
· Additional services may include: Conscious sedation, broncho thermaplasty, bedside bronchoscopy, endobronchial ultrasound, navigational bronchoscopy, trans-radial band removal
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Patient care skills to care for neonatal, infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric patient populations are required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Intubations and airway management for all populations served.
· Ventilator Management for all populations served.
· Arterial line placements.
Note If perferred skills are not present upon hire, must obtain within 90 days **
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Must have a minimum 3 years of hospital experience as RRT or > 8 years of experience as CRT and at least 1 year of critical care.
· Must be a graduate of an approved respiratory care program; Associates degree or equivalent is required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Bachelor’s degree is preferred.
· Must demonstrate exceptional clinical skills with potential leadership qualities.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Must be registered (RRT) or certified (CRT) prior to 2000 by the National Board for Respiratory Care.
· Current BLS certification is required
· ACLS must be obtained within 90 days of employment.
· PALS and/or NRP must be obtained within 90 days of employment if required by the incumbent’s EFR primary hospital.
· Must have a valid Florida license issued by the Agency for Healthcare Administration of Florida.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23026897
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 701 W PLYMOUTH AVE
Pay Range: $33.77 - $33.77
Location: Deland, FL
Job ID: 23026897
Job Family: Respiratory Services
Shift: 3 - Night