AdventHealth Surgical Supply & Equipment Tech Full Time Day in Deland, Florida
- Transports patients to department in a timely manner. Interacts with patients in a professional and courteous manner.
- Maintains unit supply and equipment inventories as indicated.
- Performs surgical preps in accordance to established policy and protocol.
- Assists with patient positioning and lifting
- Communicates with medical staff, and all indicated ancillary services to assure an appropriate continuum of patient care.
- Assists with the assembly of operating room equipment
- Cleans surgical areas and equipment using established cleaning processes within required timeframes.
- Maintains appropriate infection control measures and maintains a safe patient environment
- Assists in the application of splints, casts, and other rigid dressings.
- Provides traction application of varying degrees of complexity under direct physician guidance.
- Assists with delivery of surgical specimens to the laboratory.
- Stocks all work areas and replenishes rotating inventories as directed.
- Obtains and delivers items essential for patient care as directed.
- Assures safe disposal of bio-hazardous materials.
- Adheres to standards of universal precautions.
- Assists operating room staff personnel in the smooth transition between surgical cases.
- Must be able to use computer for patient information and basic department clerical functions.
- Powered and non-powered Perioperative equipment and instruments including surgical beds and stretchers, anesthesia machines, positioning devices and hazardous waste/contaminated supplies and equipment handling
- EVS or industrial cleaning experience preferred
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school graduate or equivalent is required.
- Patient care and communications skills to work with patients from infant, childhood, adolescent, adult and geriatric age groups.
- Basic computer skills required.
- Six months customer service or equivalent is necessary.
- One year experience in healthcare setting required
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
- Must obtain Basic Life Support (BLS) certification through the American Heart Association.
- CNA or other direct patient care experience
The Supply and Equipment Technician performs multiple departmental assigned tasks that facilitate the transportation of patients, positioning of patients, room readiness and the turnover processes between surgical procedures. Technical functions including assisting in patient preparations, holding for preps, assembling equipment, assisting anesthesia care givers as directed, and performing environmental sanitation within the operating room and immediate ancillary units.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.