Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for rapid assessment, nursing diagnosis and works with MD partners to assure safe patient diagnostic testing and optimal plan of care. Performs advanced practice procedures. Utilizes the nursing process to promote/restore optimal health and well-being of the patient. Assumes personal accountability for organizational mission and core values.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.
· Documents ongoing status, interventions, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.
· Assesses patient/family learning style and appropriately teach and document understanding.
· Engages patient/family to foster commitment to comply with plan of care.
· Collaborates with interdisciplinary team to develop and implement holistic, individualized plan of care.
· Delegates to non-RN personnel in accordance with State Board of Nursing and hospital policy.
· Assess patients’ physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs through observation, interview, reviews of records and clinical data.
· Evaluates patient’s response and intervene in a timely manner to ensure optimal patient outcome.
· Effectively performs a variety of therapeutic/diagnostic interventions including but not limited to Treadmill testing, stress testing, 12-Lead EKG interpretation.
· Assess for appropriate diagnostic intervention.
· Implements patient plan of care and observes outcomes in accordance with nursing standards and physician direction.
· Ensures safety of each patient in least restrictive manner.
· Serves as patient advocate. Anticipates needs of provider, staff patient and family.*
· Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effectivedelivery of patient care.*
· Demonstrates proficiency in monitoring patients undergoing cardiac testing and emergency intervention per ACLS/ACC
· guidelines when needed.*
· Participates in community-based activities.*
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Customer Relations
· Read/Comprehend written instructions
· Follow verbal instructions
· Keyboarding (manual)
· Computer (visual)
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
§ Master’s Degree in Nursing as Nurse Practitioner, from a nationally accredited postgraduate certificate program. Must be a graduate from an Accredited School of Nursing.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· 1 year of experience in a clinical or advance practice setting, preferred
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
o Applicable State of Employment
o Registered Nurse Practitioner Licensure for; and listed on the state Advanced Practice Nurse (APN) Registry.
o Board certified as an Advanced Practice Registered Nurse, in applicable population foci and/or subspecialty.
o Applicable State of Employment
o American Heart Association
o American Heart Association
o Have Prescriptive Authority (RXN) or have Provisional Prescriptive Authority (RXN-P), if applicable for role with associated articulated plan.
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23027640
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 2490 W 26TH AVE
Pay Range: $44.55 - $75.31
Location: Denver, CO
Job ID: 23027640
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day