All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
Location: 2325 S DOWNING ST, Denver, 80210
The role you’ll contribute:
The Nursing Informatics Advocate Intermediate has an extensive understanding of healthcare applications in use at AdventHealth, the ability to analyze and understand business problems, and the knowledge to make solution recommendations that meet the organizational goals of maintaining clinical and business systems. They are dedicated to facilitating a secure, effective, integrated electronic medical record system that continually improves outcomes, reduces cost, increases efficiency, and enhances user experiences. Primary responsibilities include collaborating with clinicians to design, test, train, implement, evaluate, and maintain clinical applications and other associated systems. This position cultivates strong, supportive relationships with executives, clinical leaders, and clinicians based on appropriate professional interactions, demonstrated ability to perform principal duties and consistent, timely follow-though. The Nursing Informatics Advocate Intermediate works independently on projects of moderate complexity and successfully engages in multiple initiatives simultaneously. They utilize the knowledge of clinical practice, computer science, and information technology to manage data and determine components that are suitable to build while maintaining alignment with the professional standards of clinical practice, AdventHealth policies, and identified best practices. They are responsible for coordinating with end users in the analysis and documentation of clinical workflows, performing gap analysis, identifying needed process changes, and developing future workflows during the implementation of new solutions or functionality. They communicate with They participate in the mentoring of new hires. They can communicate with all levels of hospital leadership and clinicians. The Nursing Informatics Advocate Intermediate serves as liaison between Nursing and AIT utilizing the hospital performance improvement process to achieve the goals of clinical operations and the Nursing Informatics Department. They identify opportunities for process improvement in support of key technology initiatives as it pertains to specified systems that help support our partners, team members, patients, and families. They provide 24hr on-call support to hospital facility nursing departments for a variety of clinical applications. They assist with executing change management strategies. They communicate project status with clinical informatics leadership, system leadership, operational owners, Project Managers, Process Architects and AIT members. They actively participate in outstanding customer service and
accept responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Analysis of information, presentation to pertinent committees, implementation, education, and post-implementation evaluation and support. Sets objectives and summarize the strategic directions for the work group. Researches, Validates, and logs EMR enhancement requests.
• Serves as facility resource person and role model in the use of clinical information systems. Maintains thorough knowledge of the computer system.
• Proactively assesses clinical workflow processes, identifies gaps, defines necessary process changes, and develops future workflows related to the implementation of new solutions or functionality.
• Shares application tips with clinicians to improve their workflow efficiency and guides to best practices. Assists customer with customization of the application for unique department scenarios using application tools within electronic health record foundation.
• Collaborates with all impacted departments, hospital leadership, end users, vendors, and associates to ensure overall effective and efficient operational system functions and workflow. Represents the clinical perspective of issues with the implementation of clinical systems.
• Provides education on new applications or functionality. Conducts train-the-trainer, Service Line Expert, upgrade, and other training when necessary. Incorporates in person (via classroom or campus rounds) and virtual learning to deliver requirements to staff. Facilitates the maintenance and tracking of completions for education/competency requirements.
• Provides consultation in the areas of process redesign and evaluating clinical software products. Provides input to standards, policies, and procedures to improve overall team efficiency and effectiveness.
• Assists with executing change management strategy (communication, buy-in, training, technical support) to enable smooth implementation of new application changes and enhancements. Promotes a positive attitude to change and effectively communicates "why" change is necessary.
• Monitors and analyzes aggregated data to identify trends related to clinical processes and outcomes resulting from information technology tools. Identifies barriers and opportunities to improve measurement of and compliance with outcome metrics.
• Identifies and coordinates the management of risk and quality assurance issues that arise, escalating unresolved problems to the appropriate decision-making bodies, as needed. Works closely with AIT and operational leadership to facilitate system issue resolution.
• Clearly and effectively transmits technical and business concepts and ideas using oral and written modalities. Communicates changes made in the application to site contacts and team members
• Provides 24/7 hr on-call support to operations in a timely and effective manner. Majority of time on job will be at assigned facility but must be able to travel nationally to support major implementations at other AdventHealth facilities. Because our customers work 24/7, the Nursing Informatics Advocate Intermediate will work off-duty shifts including evenings, nights, and weekends in order
to fully support AdventHealth operations during times of major installs.
• Performs other duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· • Industry experience with electronic medical records
• Advanced clinical knowledge of current healthcare practice and clinical workflows with conceptual and practical understanding of various training techniques for users with various learning styles
• Ability to map clinical processes, gather and analyze data, effectively present to clinical audiences
• Communication skills both written and oral, are professional and follow defined escalation process
• Expert conflict management skills
• Is accountable for realization of goals and defined metrics
• Methodically analyzes and evaluates business problems by defining the challenges, identifying alternatives, and making timely decisions
• Understands own strengths and development needs, learns from experience, and owns personal and professional development
• Creates an environment that values individual perspectives while driving towards common goals; assists teammates to achieve outcomes
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative team environment
• Basic competency in Microsoft Office applications
· Experience with Epic or other comparable electronic medical health records
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:• Bachelor of Science in Nursing either upon hire or within 36 months of hire• Minimum of five years total between clinical and informatics experience • Recent experience with health information technology
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:• Master of Science in Nursing or Informatics-related field• Professional organization membership related to job responsibilities• Experience supporting applications used by clinicians
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
• Professional certification relevant to field (ex. ANCC Informatics, CAHIMS, CPHIMS)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Clinical/Medical Informatics
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24005775
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AH Rocky Mountain
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $36.22 - $61.23
Location: Denver, CO
Job ID: 24005775
Job Family: Clinical/Medical Informatics
Shift: 1 - Day