Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time - This role is for AdventHealth University (AHU) in Denver Colorado
Shift : Days
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our mission is to provide an environment where students can develop spiritually, intellectually, socially, and physically while pursuing professional expertise integrated with Christian values
The role you’ll contribute:
This position is located at our Denver Campus. The Instructor is a member of the College faculty and is committed to the satisfactory performance of all assigned duties. Appointment as Instructor is based on the evidence of promise of educational effectiveness and professional service, as well as a potential for scholarship. Supervises clinical students in the clinical environment, which might include hospitals, clinics, imaging centers, nursing homes or homecare., homeless shelters and doctor’s offices.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Provide course syllabi for instruction.
· Develop, Design and Deliver Instruction in assigned courses.
· Participate in Student Advising and Mentoring.
· Formulate and administer, as needed, student competencies.
· Engage in the academic roles of teaching, service, scholarship and research.
· Grade examinations and assignments and review evaluations with students.
· Review and assist with revisions as needed for department policies and procedures.
· Identify and recommend to department chair appropriate community agency linkages for student learning experiences.
· Makes appropriate clinical assignments
· Conducts student orientation to the clinical site
· Supervises students in the clinical setting in the application of theory to practice.
· Participates with the team to plan theory and clinical content of the course.
The expertise and experiences you'll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Bachelor’s degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution. The degree must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional
· At least two years of effective college-level work in the area of academic or professional expertise.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Master’s or Doctoral degree from a regionally-accredited academic institution. The degree must be either in the assigned area of education or in an area that directly contributes to the professional assignment
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· State Licensure is required in the clinical discipline in which the faculty member teaches.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Teaching Faculty
Organization: AdventHealth University
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23020393
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 950 E HARVARD AVE
Pay Range: $35.212 - $52.818
Location: Denver, CO
Job ID: 23020393
Job Family: Teaching Faculty
Shift: 1 - Day