All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Student Loan Repayment Program
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Day
Location: Denver, CO – 2325 Downing Street, Denver, CO 80210
The role you’ll contribute:
Actively support department director/manager by coordinating clinical and department activities for the unit including shift charge, department and/or service line. Ensure that care is delivered to each patient in accordance with quality standards. Act as liaison between physicians and patient care team. Maintain communication and promote cooperation with unit staff and other departments. Supervise the staff; authorize work procedures and assign duties. Provides input and recommendations to the director/manager on coaching, mentoring and performance management of associates. Promote the optimal health, well-being and safety of the patient through use of the nursing process and in accordance with patient care standards, guidelines and the State Nurse Practice Act. Personally, accountable for relationship-based care, organizational mission, and core values
The value you’ll bring to the team:
• Provides leadership, support, and coordination of unit’s daily operations during designated shift.
• Assists in directing, organizing, and prioritizing all shift activities ensuring patient care and staff needs are met.
• Ensures appropriateness of admissions/cases to the unit/department and that appropriate staff skill mix exists to provide safe patient care.
• Provides feedback and recommendations regarding staff performance.
• Conduct audits as needed regarding documentation, patient charges and outcomes.
• Immediate problem-solving patient complaints and other issues that could negatively impact patient care.
• Liaison to the multidisciplinary patient care team.
• Demonstrates understanding of fiscal accountability by monitoring supply usage and costs at the unit level.
• Assists manager/director/assistant nurse manager with maintaining staff and department compliance with all regulatory and accreditation agencies.
• Seeks out learning opportunities and continuing education to enhance both leadership and clinical skills.
• Verbalizes an understanding of the value of measurement and the importance of continuous quality improvement data. Use quality measures to improve performance and accountability for patient outcomes, patient experiences and safe delivery of care.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties. Employee may perform other related duties as assigned.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Associate’s degree – specialty nursing
Bachelor’s degree - specialty nursing
Required licensure, certification or registration :
RN credentials; license to practice in Colorado
Preferred licensure; certification or registration:
Nursing specialty certification
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Rocky Mountain
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039978
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $32.36 - $59.41
Location: Denver, CO
Job ID: 23039978
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day