AdventHealth Phlebotomist -Uncertified PRN in edgewater, Florida
Phlebotomist I – PRN
AdventHealth New Smyrna
Location Address: New Smyrna, FL
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth
- Career growth and advancement potential
- Faith Based organization
- State of the art lab facilities
You will be responsible for:
· Performs venipuncture, capillary punctures, and drug screens in compliance with established policies and procedures.
· Applies the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients/clients/ families served (infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
· Prints and charts appropriate reports for the inpatient charts, if necessary.
· Assists with orientation for new employees.
· Other duties as business needs arise.
What You Will Need:
Knowledge and Skills RequireD:
· Must have a basic knowledge of computers and their use.
· Handles multiple priorities.
· Independent discretion/decision making.
· Makes decisions under pressure.
· Works alone effectively.
· Fluent in the English language (spoken and written).
Safely and accurately obtain, label, accession and prepare for testing blood and/or body fluid samples from patients by venipuncture, capillary puncture, and/or, drug screens and glucose tolerance as needed for all patients (including infant, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric). Obtain and process customer information to accurately register patients, order tests, and route completed laboratory and histology/cytology test results, as required.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.