All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
2500 sign on bonus*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full Time
Shift : Nights
The community you’ll be caring for:
701 W PLYMOUTH AVE, Deland, 32720
The role you’ll contribute:
The Paramedic performs patient care under the direction of and as assigned by the Charge nurse, registered nurse and/or physician or their designee. Performs general clinical, non-clinical and clerical services necessary to expedite the efficient functioning of the nursing unit consistent with the philosophy, goals, policies and procedures. Utilizes age-specific competencies in the care of all patient populations. Adheres to the AdventHealth corporate compliance plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Attaches 12 lead EKG’s and completes test before giving strip to physician on duty. Initiates cardiac monitoring and performs venipuncture for testing. Initiates cardiac monitoring, demonstrates ability to detect dysrhythmias and notifies the assigned nurse or charge nurse of abnormalities. Initiates oxygen therapy as directed by RN or Physician.
· Inserts peripheral IV’s, hangs IV fluid without medication and maintains prescribed IV flow rates. Observes and documents condition of infusion site. Removes IV Lines as directed by RN.
· Transports unmonitored patient to inpatient departments as needed, transports stable (no blood infusion drips or no oxygen > 50%) monitored patients to PCU/med-tele, or accompanies RN to transport patient to specialty units.
· Assists physician or RN with procedures and exams (i.e., set up and clean up for sutures, pelvic exams, lumbar punctures, application of orthopedic splints and casting, etc.) Applies slings, sling-n-swathe, finger splints, application of dressings, etc. Follows CDC isolation guidelines, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and enforces safety regulations.
· Is a customer service champion as demonstrated by Acknowledge, Introduce, Duration, Explanation, and Thank You (AIDET), keeping patients informed, providing information and updates to patients, apologizing for waits, demonstrating caring, compassion, and concern, demonstrating a sense of urgency, advocating for pain management, and ensuring that patients can get help at any time. Performs hourly rounding on patients to keep them informed and to ensure that the patients have call bells, pillows, blankets as needed, that care givers names are on the boards (applicable campuses), and that patient and family needs are exceeded.
· Performs accurate order entry within Epic.
· Provides patient care appropriate to age, mobility, acuity and culture. Participates in obtaining medical history and allergies. Performs initial focused intake assessment and throughout shift including physical, mental, social and spiritual. Participates in education and discharge planning using established education materials. Supervised by assigned RN or designee to that care zone.
· Administers ACLS medications when physician present at bedside
· Executes verbal order for medications and treatments limited to protocols, performs, documents appropriately, and adheres to Medication Administration policy
· Maintains (room and work area organization and stocking levels) per 5 S principles. Maintains rooms and work area cleanliness
· Manages phone calls, notifies physician of all back results, orders diets, etc. Relieves HUC as assigned
· Performs administrative duties as assigned or directed to ensure the smooth operation of the department or unit
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Medical Management and Treatment protocols to be supervised by ED Medical Direct
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Completion of a paramedic program
· One year healthcare, ED, or field experience
· Must have one year of applicable experience to qualify for the sign on bonus
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· One year ED OR pre-hospital paramedic experience
· Monitor Tech cross-training
· Critical Care Paramedic Program completion
· Associates of Science (AS) degree
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Emergency Services
Organization: AdventHealth DeLand
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 23045373
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth DeLand
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $18.35 - $27.525
Location: Fl-Deland, FL
Job ID: 23045373
Job Family: Emergency Services
Shift: 3 - Night