AdventHealth Certified Medical Assistant Lead/LPN FT Covid Tent Up to $1000 Sign on Bonus available in Fletcher, North Carolina
CERTIFIED MEDICAL ASSISTANT LEAD/LPN FT COVID TENT
Up to $1000 Sign on Bonus Available
AdventHealth Hendersonville 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina and nearby regions.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs or our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
FT, 36 hours per week, MWF 7 to 3 Tues Thurs 9 to 6
You Will be Responsible for:
· Drives customer service initiatives by creating and owning the patient experience, examples customer service to other team members
· Performs properly and legibly documents and reports all procedures and assessments in accordance with department policy.
· Utilizing age-specific guidelines, assesses patient during clinical check-in, documents pertinent medical information and vital signs. Assesses for signs of abuse or neglect.
· Performs and administers treatments, medications and any follow-up assessments ordered by the provider, verifying as needed. Responds appropriately in clinical emergencies and triage situations
· Performs diagnostic and occupational medicine testing to include, but not limited to, EKG, spirometry, audiometry, titmus and pulse oximetry.
· Appropriately complete check-out duties and relays instructions/care to the patient or family
· Performs required Quality Control (QC) checklist to ensure safety of the patient or ensures team is completing as appropriate
· Follows CDC guidelines, infection prevention practices, demonstrates appropriate use of PPE, performs hand washing according to policy and follows safety regulations.
· Provides guidance to team in prioritizing patient care and non-patient care activities, Ensures team reviews all memos, in-services, policy updates, etc. Assist with the education of the clinical employee’s when needed. Communicate with Clinical Educators on an ongoing basis.
· Takes pride in maintaining a neat, clean and organized center. Oversee the maintenance of clinical area, may assign designated areas to other co-workers.
· Participates in departmental performance improvement initiatives.
· May be called upon to train newly hired clinical staff
What You Will Need:
- Comprehensive knowledge of general medical assistant practices required
- Demonstrated ability to communicate by reading, writing legibly, speaking and comprehending English effectively in order to carry out job requirements required
- Ability to operate a computer, copier, fax and scanner required
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with patients, employees and others of diverse backgrounds required
- Ability to multi-task efficiently in a fast pace, high patient volume environment required
- Graduate of an accredited medical assistant program required
- 6 months of MA experience and evaluation of competency required
- BLS certification required
Reporting to the Practice Manager and under the supervision of the Providers, the Lead Medical Assistant cares for patients and performs a wide variety of patient care activities to include directing and guiding back office staff in monitoring and expediting workflow. This position helps in ensuring the back office operations of the clinic function smoothly and that the proper protocols are in place. Adheres to state, federal and organizational guidelines to ensure quality care and patient safety with support from the Clinical Excellence team. Is essential in maintaining organization and facilitating patient flow. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.