AdventHealth Licensed Practical Nurse Ob Gyn FT in Fletcher, North Carolina
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Greets patients and expresses sensitivity to patient needs and condition. Assesses and documents general condition of patient including recording of chief complaint, vital signs, weight, medications, and social history and verifies symptoms and interventions in the patient medical record. Appropriately records services and diagnoses for accurate completion of encounter forms, requisitions, consent forms and advance beneficiary notices.
- Assists provider with patient examinations, procedures and treatments according to established protocols.
- Independently performs ancillary services including venipunctures, x-rays, etc. per protocols.
- Maintains medical records including preparation of charts, filing of correspondence and test results. Assists in the coordination of care through messaging patient telephone calls, scheduling appointments, communicating prescription refills, etc. according to established protocols. Successfully uses EMR and other computer applications to accomplish tasks according to policies and procedures. Tracks ordered or pending tests, procedures and referrals according to protocol.
- Administers medication orally and via intra-muscular injection as directed by physician order.
- Determines eligibility and obtains authorization for services. Schedules tests and appointments for referred services. Tracks referrals made for services.
- Promotes patient wellness by providing patient education as directed by the provider. Utilizes advanced clinical knowledge or experience to resolve patient questions and meet patient needs.
- Participates in quality initiatives and safety functions. Assists in identifying and ordering needed supplies.
- Remains informed and compliant with current Health System, Warren Clinic, OSHA and HIPAA policies and procedures. Maintains exemplary patient satisfaction and participates as an engaged team member.
- Performs other duties as required.
- Current LPN licensure in the State of North Carolina
- Current American Heart Association BLS certification.
- Successful completion of arrhythmia course, preferred.
Provides direct and indirect care in the office/clinic setting. Provides care that meets the psychosocial, physical and general aspects of care; meet the communication needs of the patient and family; provides care that reflects initiative and responsibility indicative of professional expectations, under the supervision of a registered nurse, advanced practitioner and/or physician. Maintains regulatory requirements, nursing and office/clinic policies, procedures and standards. Communicates with physicians and team members about patient’s clinical condition including results of diagnostic studies and symptomatology.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.