AdventHealth Registered Nurse RN Nursing Supervisor Full Time Evenings in Grand Prairie, Texas
This position is located in Burleson
- AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
- The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
- The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
- The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
- Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
- Manages all charge nurses and CNAs during the shift.
- Develops and promotes communication between the staff including but not limited to unusual occurrences, changes in the routine, or condition of residents.
- Ensures that nursing 24 hour reports are complete and timely.
- Ensures that nurse aides receive accurate and complete assignments with a report at the start of each shift.
- Evaluate residents’ needs for restorative nursing and implements these procedures.
- Knowledgeable of the facility policies and procedures and ensures these are followed by staff on the assigned unit.
- Hold staff accountable for their performance consistent with personnel policies and procedures.
- Administers performance improvement plans and progressive disciplinary actions as needed.
- Documents all disciplinary actions.
- Participates in employee performance evaluations.
- Participates in the hiring and termination of unit personnel as requested.
- Evaluates resident levels of care as they pertain to nurse aide assignments to ensure care assignments are realistic and resident care is provided to meet the individual resident needs.
- Responsible for ensuring Infection Control policies and procedures are followed by staff on assigned unit.
- Implements the plan of care by directly administering care or by directing nursing acts delegated to RN’s, LPN’s, or CNA’s. Administers special treatments and procedures.
- Ensures adequate staffing is present at meals times.
- Establishes employee lunch and break times for all unit staff.
- Participates in the facility Staff Development Program and nursing orientation.
- Identifies staff training needs and communicates them to the DON and staff education.
- Participates in the admission process by closely monitoring nursing staff to ensure proper procedures are followed. Ensures admission records are complete, timely, and maintained in an organized manner.
- Ensures all medications for new admissions have been verified, ordered, and entered accurately.
- Ensures medications are properly administered and staff are following facility procedure by auditing and monitoring the process on a frequent basis.
- Reviews and audits required documentation.
- Monitors Physician’s orders to ensure they are clear and fully documented and being followed by the staff and are complete of required information in the Physician’s Plan of Care. Orders are properly recorded and noted.
- Ensures a well-organized unit by following the facility policies to ensures chain of command is followed and that each level of nursing personnel assigned to the unit fulfills their job description and renders quality care. Makes recommendations to the DON when the organization is lacking or a need for modification or improvement is identified.
- Monitors staff to ensures the unit is maintained in a clean, orderly, and functional manner.
- Nurse’s stations, medication carts, and medication rooms are clean and secured. Supplies are available to provide resident care and accounted for as well as utilized to prevent loss and /or waste.
- Monitors and ensures the cleanliness of utility rooms and storage areas. All areas of responsibility must be checked and cleaned at least once per shift.
- Expected to attend administrative meetings as requested.
- Monitors staff in all aspects of job performance and policy requirements.
- Uses quality assessment and assurance audit tools as necessary.
- Ensures that all direct care staff, including nurses and CNA's are present and at their assigned work area.
- Instructs all nurses on how to complete admissions, discharges, and transfers. Ensure the proper process is opened and completed for each.
- Conducts audits and all areas of concern are reported to the Director of Nursing.
- Monitors the completion of the 24 hour nursing report per assigned shift and reviews for continuity of care and follow through.
- Monitors the verification of census.
- Assumes the medication cart and begins medication pass if nursing staff is tardy or calls off unless prior arrangements have been made by the Director of Nursing.
- Performs clinical assessments as requested by nursing staff.
- Evaluates the appropriateness of ER transfers.
- Follows-up and assists with the correction of nursing audits.
- Monitoring for completion of Monthly Summaries.
- Follow-up of Dietary recommendations.
- Monitors the completion of Behavior Monitoring documentation and required AIMS testing.
- Follows-up on diagnostic tests.
- Provides Supervisor On-Call coverage as scheduled.
- Addresses staff, resident, and/or family concerns, grievances and allegations.
- Monitors completion and accuracy of intake/output documentation.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Monitors C.N.A document widget throughout the day to ensure proper ADL documentation is being completed.
- Monitors Clinical Smartboard to ensure all medications are being administered on the unit in a timely manner.
- Monitors the To-Do’s list to ensure any alerts from the touchscreen are handled appropriately and all open nursing processes are completed.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited School of Nursing
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification
- Current Registered Nurse license in the state hired
- Clinical supervision of Licensed Nurses as requested and of Certified Nursing Assistants
- Two years prior experience in a Management and/or Supervisory position.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.