Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
Assumes responsibility and accountability for comprehensive care, support and education to patients and their families through all aspects of their medical care process. Participates as a key member of the team to identify and meet the physical and emotional needs of the patient. Utilizes a collaborative multi-disciplinary approach to the care of the patient/family serving as an expert practitioner, educator, consultant and researcher. Maintains responsibility for job performance specifications. Assumes personal accountability for departmental mission, organizational mission and core values of AdventHealth.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND JOB RESPONSIBILITIES :
· Performs clinical examinations as necessary for outpatients/inpatients.*
· Interprets and evaluates test results.*
· Identifies problem list based on approved protocols, current evidence-based standards of care, and scope of practice.*
· Works in collaboration with physician(s) using established and approved protocols as required by institutional policy.*
· Participates in development, implementation, evaluation and outcome monitoring of clinical care provision.*
· Writes orders and prescriptions.* Functions as first or second assistant in surgery (if applicable).*
· Makes referrals to specialists as indicated by patient situation.*
· Manages discharge of patients with appropriate disposition, follow-up planning, adjunctive therapy management and education.*
· Assesses patient’s physical, psychosocial, cultural and spiritual needs.*
· Evaluates patient care interventions and recommends revisions as necessary promoting the continuity of care through the entire care delivery process.*
· Facilitation of patients’ disposition regarding admission, discharge, and scheduling.*
· Functions as a resource person for individuals with questions regarding their diagnosis or treatment and coordinates the multidisciplinary plan of care through care rounds.*
· Identifies/provides education to patient/families (individuals/groups) about current and potential health problems, the treatment plan, self-care, and prevention to achieve independence and maximum wellness.*
· Develops/implements, evaluates appropriate materials to facilitate the education of patients/families.*
· Provides formal education to staff and community in varying formats.*
· Maintains thorough and confidential maintenance of patient charts and records.*
· Documents ongoing status, interventions, communications, patient response and outcomes in accurate, timely manner.*
· Prepares discharge summary for patient’s medical record.*
· Utilizes transplant specific patient database for compilation of patient records and documentation.*
· Serves as patient advocate.*
· Serves as consultant for inpatient staff and supporting departments.*
· Anticipates needs of provider, staff, patient and family.*
· Effectively uses time, personnel, equipment and supplies to provide high quality, cost effective delivery of patient care.*
· Adapts to rapidly changing technologies, policies, regulations, workload and staffing through priority setting, use of sound critical thinking, and flexibility.*
· Professional role model for all staff demonstrating ethical/legal/professional judgment.*
· Maintains high skill level and professional growth through ongoing education, meeting attendance, and participation in professional organization.*
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
· Master degree (Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program)
· Orthopedic Experience Required
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Two years prior experience in surgery (if applicable)
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
· Certification by N.C.C.P.A. and current mid-level provider license by the state of Colorado
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
LIVING OUR SERVICE STANDARDS
How we treat those we serve and each other is what sets us apart from other healthcare organizations. We want everyone who walks through our doors to feel loved, cared for, and at ease. Whether you are clinical or non-clinical, your actions and behaviors can create an environment that either builds trust or causes anxiety and fear. We have made it easy for you to ensure that you are always building trust and providing excellent care by exhibiting our Service Standards.
All team members will be held accountable for consistently living out our 16 Service Standards and the additional behaviors listed below to ensure that every person, every time has an exceptional experience.
KEEP ME SAFE
I make safety my number one priority.
I protect privacy and confidentiality.
I keep my environment clean.
I follow the dress code and wear my badge correctly.
I treat others with uncommon compassion.
I nurture whole-person care through CREATION Health.
I treat others with fairness and respect.
I listen and communicate using iCARE. (Introduce, Connect, Anticipate, Reinforce, Extend)
MAKE IT EASY
I help guests to their destination.
I speak highly of others to provide connected care.
I collaborate to create solutions, not excuses.
I innovate and continually seek ways to improve our work.
I am positive and aim to exceed all expectations.
I follow through on commitments.
I use discretion with personal devices.
I recover service and restore trust using ACT. (Acknowledge/Apologize, Correct, Thank)
Team members must conform to all AdventHealth organizational and departmental policies and procedures including but not limited to:
· Code of Conduct as outlined in the “Guidelines for Employees” handbook
Establishes and maintains a history of regular attendance; makes appropriate use of PDO and observes department call-in procedures for absence; establishes and maintains punctual work habits. Exhibits timely arrival and departure and dependable time habits including meal and other breaks.
Attends and participates in mandatory facility-wide and department training/meetings as required (including but not limited to: ALN, safety training, etc.). Is able to demonstrate and apply knowledge of fire, safety, security, and disaster procedure regulations as presented in orientation, outlined in the safety manual, and as pertains to each work area.
Required to respond to emergency situations (i.e. disasters, hurricanes, etc.) by reporting to department and staying until the crisis is over or your position is covered by incoming personnel. This is a mandatory requirement. Refusal to respond may result in termination.
Contributes to the successful achievement of department-stated goals and objectives and will facilitate staff cohesiveness and communication.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: PorterCare AH System
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23039911
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $53.84 - $81.26
Location: Greenwood Village, CO
Job ID: 23039911
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day