AdventHealth Certified First Assist Full Time Days in Hendersonville, North Carolina
CERTIFIED FIRST ASSIST FT AdventHealth Hendersonville 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our community.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Possess knowledge and understanding of anatomy, physiology and operative techniques related to the surgical specialty.
·Positions patient safely: pads and protects bony prominences.
·Follows aseptic technique, when opening sterile supplies and setting up procedures for all procedures.
·Demonstrates knowledge and skills to use various surgical instruments and retractors.
·Demonstrates knowledge of care of tissue and specimens. Identifies specimens to circulating nurse and scrubs.
·Provides assistance to the surgeon during procedures, using protractors to provide exposure, providing hemostasis suturing, wound dressing. Anticipates the needs of the surgeon during the procedure.
·Assist with operating room counts (instruments, sharps, sponges): follows proper procedures in the event of an incorrect count.
·Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/healthcare errors.
·Appropriately responds to the patient in an emergency or physically distressful situation.
·Prioritize cases and assign first assist(s) based on patient acuity and physician need.
- Graduate from an accredited school of surgical technology required.
- National Certified Surgical First Assist Certification required.
- Current American Heart BCLS certification required.
Possesses the knowledge and technical skills to (1) serve as first assistant during surgery, (2) provide education and competency assessment and validation for surgical technicians when needed.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.