AdventHealth Certified Nurse Aide I PRN Days in Hendersonville, North Carolina
CERTIFIED NURSING ASSISTANT MED SURG PRN DAYS
ADVENTHEALTH HENDERSONVILLE 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities accross Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person every time.
- Co workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own It.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoycompetitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
PRN Days as needed
YOU WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR
· Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides for personal care and emotional support.
· Provides care which may include bed bath, shower, whirlpool, oral hygiene, back rubs, peri-care, freshening linen, cleaning overbed tables, straightening room and other general care as directed by the RN.
· Provides general nursing care such as positioning patients, lifting and turning patients, applying/utilizing special equipment, assisting in use of bedpan, commode and ambulating patients.
· Promptly reports any changes in patient status (e.g., changes in vital signs, level of consciousness, weight, mobility status, comfort level, feeding pattern or any unusual occurrences) to the RN in a timely manner.
· Verifies the diet order for each patient to whom assigned, feeds or assists with feeding, and assists with fluid intake as directed by the RN or patient care plan.
· Monitors and accurately records patient intake and output in a timely fashion and in accordance with hospital policy and physician order including routine intake/output, strict intake/output, and calorie counts.
· Documents provided care clearly and concisely on the daily care record.
· Observes patient's mental and physical conditions, reports any changes to RN.
· Distributes drinking water and snacks to patients as applicable.
· Performs all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduces the likelihood of medical/health care errors. Uses proper body mechanics to protect self and patient.
- Critical care experience preferred
- High School diploma or equivalent required
- Six months nursing assistant experience preferred
- Current license as Nurse Assistant with the NC Board of Nursing required
- Current American BLS within 30 days of start required
Assists patients with activities of daily living, provides basic nursing care to patients and assists in maintenance of a safe and clean environment under the direction and supervision of the Registered Nurse in charge of the team and/or unit.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.