AdventHealth Clinical Services Manager OP Cancer Services in Hendersonville, North Carolina
CLINICAL SERVICES MANAGER OP CANCER SERVICES
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
Full time, Monday thru Friday, 40 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For
· Maintain knowledge base of current expectations of regulatory bodies: TJC, State of NC, Commission on Cancer, and CMS.
· Provide management support for office staff, with a back-up/working knowledge of their responsibilities and expectations for each position. Maintain role parameters for each position, while promoting cross-training/back-up capabilities among office and field staff.
· Function as hands-on resource for infusion nurses as needed, to assure smooth transitions, follow-ups to complaints, and other daily issues. Maintain an active prn pool of nurses to assist with staffing.
· Actively promote evidenced-based, best-practice care, collaborating with staff, physicians, and hospital personnel as appropriate.
· Participate in community and hospital meetings as established and requested, including Cancer Committee, Nursing Council, Management Action Council and Cancer Conferences.
Collaborate with PRMA Compliance personnel and Department Director regarding the Quality program to assure continuity of issues and resolutions, annual reviews, and emergency management interactions, both internal and external.
· Maintain hospital mammogram results/recall/call-back processes and lists.
· As appropriate and as indicated, promote the efficacy of a combined department, keeping in mind the uniqueness’s and the similarities of both Oncology and Breast Health when implementing processes and protocols.
· Maintain personnel files as appropriate with indicated items of current competence, licensure, counseling, etc, in conjunction with primary record at HR location.
· Work within budgetary constraints, in collaboration with Director, promoting effective work habits and productivity.
· Maintain current policy and procedure development and/or review, assuring staff input on key areas affecting patient care and internal processes.
· Assure regular department team meetings, with agendas addressing key areas of clinical/patient, communication, financial, and informational issues.
· Meet regularly with Director to assure ongoing continuity of program and services and to assess growth opportunities internally as well as via various communities.
What you will need:
Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required.
3 years of oncology/infusion experience required.
3 years of management or supervisory experience in health care setting required.
RN with current NC licensure required.
Strong interpersonal skills of leadership, conflict resolution and tactful interactions required.
Organizational skills for role multi-tasking and oversight of multiple disciplines and positions required.
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Additional languages preferred.
OCN certification required
Responsible for day-to-day operations of Oncology/Infusion/Breast Center and Cancer Registry for clinical, financial, personnel and quality issues. Work with both office and clinical staff to assure patient quality of care and satisfaction, physician satisfaction, adherence to current regulations and standards, and budget oversight, in collaboration with Director.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.