AdventHealth Cook PRN Days in Hendersonville, North Carolina
Cook, PRN Days – AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
What You Will Be Responsible For:
- Prepare, season, cook and bake food for hospital patients, staff and visitors.
- Determines types and quantities of meats, vegetables and soups to be prepared by reviewing planned menus.
- Determines amount of foods needed to meet weekly menus and submits order to Nutritional Services Supervisor.
- Ensures meals are ready at specified times.
- Consults with Nutritional Services Supervisor regarding use of left-overs.
- Consults Clinical Dietitian on modified diets, as necessary.
- Supervises Nutritional workers when washing, trimming or preparing food.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to approved recipes using blenders, mixers, grinders, slicers, etc.
- Makes sauces, soups, stews, casseroles and desserts meeting established dietary guidelines.
- Cooks meat, fish and fowl in a variety of ways such as baking, roasting, broiling and steaming.
- Carves meat, fish and fowl into individual servings according to menu combinations and patient diet orders.
- Tests foods being cooked to ensure doneness. Adjusts heat controls as necessary.
- Improves flavor and texture of food by adding ingredients or seasonings.
- Observes infection control practices at all times.
- Maintains kitchen in a clean, neat and organized manner.
- Serve patient meals, working with dietary technician.
What You Will Need:
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Knowledge and Skills Preferred:
- Additional languages preferred.
Education and Experience Required:
- High school graduate or equivalent.
- Previous experience in food preparation.
Under the direct supervision of the Nutritional Services Supervisor, the cook will prepare, season and cook food for hospital patients, staff and visitors.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Nutritional Services
Organization: AdventHealth Hendersonville
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.