AdventHealth ED Behavioral Health RN Navigator FT Days in Hendersonville, North Carolina
ED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH RN NAVIGATOR FT DAYS
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care, body- mind and - spirit to people living in communities across Western North Carolina and nearby regions.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national health care system enabling it to provide services, technology and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make It Easy and Own It.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
Full time days, (4) 9 hour shifts, rotating weekends, Exempt
You Will Be Responsible For:
·Promotes knowledge of BH diagnosis and impact for patient, support partner(s), and care providers
·Meets with patient and support partner(s) after diagnosis to provide assistance for expectations and care needs.
·Collaborates with ED direct care staff to provide ongoing education for treatments and procedures, evidenced-based practice and/or research developments.
·Provides discharge teaching and completes post-discharge phone calls with referred facilities and out-patient clinics.
·Collaborates with existing community organizations on educational initiatives.
·Educates and collaborates with multidisciplinary team to plan and participate in quality initiatives and possible research projects.
·Reviews patient information for pre-existing medical conditions and risk-factors.
·Serves as customer service advocate for patient and support partner(s).
·Collaborates with physicians and multidisciplinary team to establish and oversee plan of care.
·Reviews physician and nurse documentation to ensure quality measures are achieved.
·Serves as primary resource for providers and for their patients requiring navigation and coordination of care in the ED setting.
·Acts as a resource to ED providers for patient needs.
·Ensures telepsych sessions are completed if appropriate, while patient is in referral stage.
·Collaborates with patient to identify potential barriers to achieving treatments and health goals.
·Reviews patient information to follow up on diagnostic tests and obtains results of previous tests as needed-follow ups as needed.
·Monitors patient’s progress to ensure patient receives appropriate treatment and medication while in the ED.
·Collaborates with ED nursing team to confirm continuity of care on all shifts.
·Contributes to community programs and education pertaining to specific BH services.
·Maintains a working knowledge of the availability of community resources and financial services for providing clinical care and reducing barriers to care.
·Fosters supportive professional partnerships with ED and BH providers.
·Participates in select community events to promote specific BH programs at AdventHealth Hendersonville.
·Collaborates with community resources commonly used for BH care needs.
·Data collection as needed. Utilizes critical thinking skills in the performance of their duties. Demonstrates and understanding of technology utilized in the organization.
·Plans, organizes and leads the unit through application of critical thinking skills
·Utilizes data driven decision making, incorporating evidence into the decision process
·Employs strong problem-solving skills and utilizes defined models for problem solving.
·Thinks of the system as a whole when analyzing data and making decisions
·Able to utilize critical thinking skills in performing job elements.
·Appropriately integrates technology into the care of the patient and leverage technology to improve patient care outcomes
·Uses basic computer skills such as word processing, Excel spreadsheet data management, internet/email, and skills to access evidence-based information.
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Minimum of 3 years of recent nursing experience in acute care nursing required
- Current RN Licensure in the State of North Carolina required
- Current BLS certification required
- Professional certification in specialty are by recognized national nursing organization within 1 year of hire required
- De-escalation training required
- Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
- Additional languages preferred
The Behavioral Health (BH) Nurse Navigator is a specialized health care professional who guides behavioral health patients in the Emergency Department (ED) through the healthcare system during and surrounding the time of diagnosis and treatment. The BH Navigator will focus on key areas of service: patient and their support partner(s), partnership with BH and ED providers, partner with ED clinical staff, quality management, clinical services, and community outreach.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.