AdventHealth Lactation Consultant Perinatal Educator in Hendersonville, North Carolina
LACTATION CONSULTANT & PERINATAL EDUCATOR
AdventHealth Hendersonville Park Ridge 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Community involvement Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina Great benefits Co-workers who feel like family Faith based environment
Full time days, 36 hours per week
You Will be Responsible for:
· Assesses and evaluates breastfeeding effectiveness of Mother/Baby dyads while valuing Family Centered Care concepts and reflecting them in interaction with others.
· Documents effectively in a timely manner, allowing for continuity of care with co-workers.
· Functions effectively with fluctuating patient censes, can prioritize and manage day to day work.
· Provides breastfeeding plan for discharge.
· Using extensive breastfeeding knowledge, advises and recommends standards of care regarding management of breastfeeding problems.
· Conducts bedside lactation rounds as scheduled and needed.
· Identifies common breastfeeding devices as needed.
· Consults independently in outpatient setting, providing appropriate assessment, intervention and follow up plan.
· Serves as a clinical resource to physicians and nursing staff.
· Problem solves effectively with staff dealing with day to day common patient care issues.
· Contributes to maintaining and enhancing staff competency related to breastfeeding.
· Responds to requests for professional education in community settings in the region (hospital, health departments, MD offices).
· Provides direct patient care in an outpatient setting and completes related documentation according to departmental standards.
· Formulates plan of care based on patient assessment and identified needs.
· Delivers quality customer services to all patients and family members.
· Documentation is completed according to department standards.
· Recognizes the need for referral and follows through with recommendations/referral.
· Patient charges match care delivered.
· Plans, teaches, evaluates classes for expectant & new breastfeeding mothers.
What You Will Need:
Two years in Maternal/Child nursing role including breastfeeding support required
IBCLC Examiners License within 1 year of employment required
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
Ability to use Interpreter service appropriately required
Registered Nurse preferred
The Lactation Consultant enhances the breastfeeding experience of the Mother/Baby dyad through education of the patient and staff, giving direct patient assistance, and assessing and managing breastfeeding problems. The Lactation Consultant also determines the need for breastfeeding devices and aids, distributing them and educating in their use.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.