Medical Technologist - AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for test performance in applicable laboratory departments as determined by training, competency, and supervisory discretion / departmental needs, to include manual and automated procedures.
· Reports test results using appropriate documentation methods; ensures timely communication of critical and other significant laboratory results to the appropriate patient care unit or patient care provider.
· Performs quality control procedures as indicated by departmental policy; performs review to ensure accuracy of test system performance prior to patient testing; documents appropriately.
· Performs instrument maintenance as indicated by departmental policy and/or supervisory discretion; ensures proper instrument performance prior to patient testing; documents appropriately.
· Applies critical thinking skills to identify problems with test performance; performs troubleshooting of test systems and instrumentation independently or with minimal supervision; documents corrective action in accordance with laboratory policy.
· Demonstrates ability to identify and resolve issues related to age-appropriate and disease-specific care.
· Consults with other departments, as appropriate, to collaborate in patient care and quality assurance activities.
· Performs preanalytical processes of laboratory testing including phlebotomy, registration, ordering, and/ or specimen receipt according to departmental needs and supervisor discretion.
· Uses appropriate PPE and other laboratory safety equipment as indicated by policy.
· Maintains current knowledge of departmental and hospital policy, JC, CLIA, and other regulatory requirements.
· Represents the Laboratory department in a professional manner in all patient, employee, visitor, and physician interactions.
· Demonstrates the ability to be flexible, organized and professional under stressful situations.
· Assures workflow continuity through communication.
· Maintains regular dialog with Laboratory supervisory / managerial staff concerning quality, safety, and customer service issues within the department and the facility.
· Acts as technical resource for laboratory and facility staff; has capacity to serve as technical supervisor according to CLIA guidelines.
· Performs other duties as assigned by direct supervisor and laboratory supervisory personnel.
What You Will Need:
· Basic to moderate computer skills required.
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED:
· Additional languages preferred.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· B.S. degree in Clinical Laboratory Science or completion of accredited Medical Technology/Medical Laboratory Science program with B.S. degree in related science required.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
· Previous clinical laboratory experience strongly preferred.
· Phlebotomy experience and competency preferred.
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current CLS, MLS or MT licensure with approved national registry organization (ASCP, NCLS, etc.) required.
Responsible for performance of preanalytical, analytical, and post analytical process of clinical laboratory testing and related quality control / quality assurance duties. Utilize critical thinking skills to ensure the quality of patient test results.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Hendersonville
Shift: 3 - Night
Req ID: 21036387
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.