AdventHealth Nutritional Services Worker F/T in Hendersonville, North Carolina
Nutritional Services Worker Full Time (varied shifts) AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
Full Time – Varied Shifts
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nutritional Services, the Nutritional Services Worker II performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties as well as other related tasks.
· Prepares and delivers items as requested by patients or departments.
· Maintains tray line in a clean, neat and organized manner.
· Prepares special diet foods as necessary.
· Delivers food carts to patient care units. Returns carts to kitchen as designated times.
· Load and watches dishwashers.
· Washes specified items by hand, i.e., pots, pans, knives.
· Disposes of trash and garbage in appropriate manner and as needed.
· Puts clean dishes and utensils away.
· Mops floors as scheduled and as necessary.
· Cleans walk-in refrigerators and storage areas.
· Assists in preparing salads, desserts and nourishments.
· Performs special cleaning duties as assigned by the Director of Nutritional Services.
· Maintains a good working relationship both within the department and with other departments.
· Treats patients and families with respect and dignity.
· Observes infection control practices at all times.
· Practices in departmental performance improvement activities.
· Assists in orienting new employees to department.
· Works hospital cafeteria food line and restocks salad bar as needed.
What You Will Need:
· Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
· Additional languages preferred.
· High school graduate or equivalent required.
· Previous hospital or food service experience required
Under the direct supervision of the Director of Nutritional Services, the Nutritional Services Worker II performs a variety of patient food service and dish duties as well as other related tasks.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.