AdventHealth Oncology Care Navigator Full Time in Hendersonville, North Carolina
ONCOLOGY CARE NAVIGATOR
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind- spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national healthcare system enabling it to provide services, technologies, and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person, every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own it.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
FT days, Exempt
You Will be Responsible For:
·Manages incoming referrals for physicians by communicating with referring office and physicians to ensure appropriate medical records and referring information are available at scheduled appointments.
·Confirms to referring physician when a patient’s appointment is scheduled.
·Communicates with patient, families, support staff, and physicians to schedule initial visit and treatments
·Coordinates imaging, specialists, and supportive services
·Assists physician in consenting patients for new treatments and provide necessary education to patient and family
·Follows up after inpatient admissions
·Assesses patient needs and identifies and utilizes organizational and community resources to assist patients in overcoming barriers to care
·Manages ordering and follow up for genetic testing (Caris, Myriad, NeoGenomics, etc.) when applicable
·Develops and maintains knowledge of oncology disease processes and serves as clinical point of contact for scheduling and information
·Maintains database of new patients
·Work with physicians and research nurse to identify patients appropriate for research trials
·Delegates tasks and act as point of contact for Medical assistants.
·Utilizes chart messages for physician and nurse communication
·Provides backup triaged services and regularly meets with physician to identify problems and or concerns
What You Will Need:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) required
- Minimum of three (3) years of direct nursing experience required
- Minimum one year experience working with health care professionals and support staffing in an oncology clinic and infusion setting required
- Current RN license in state of North Carolina required
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) within on year of hire required
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required
·The Oncology Care Navigator serves as a patient advocate to provide comprehensive care and navigation services for patients across the cancer continuum. This position works with multidisciplinary services to coordinate patient education, treatment, and follow-up with oncology patients. The coordinator promotes and facilitates optimal care and works with a diverse group of individuals including families, physicians, nurses and ancillary staff, assisting with educational and administrative support.. This position serves as an informational resource to all clinical disciplines relative to the assigned area(s) of disease specialty.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.