AdventHealth Patient Access Rep in Hendersonville, North Carolina
Patient Access Rep Full Time Days AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive, Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
40 hours/week - Days
What You Will Be Responsible For:
· Arranges for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients and admission of individuals who have hospital based outpatient testing or procedures.
· Ensures that the patient information is accurately collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures.
· Interviews incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer database.
· Distributes appropriate information to ancillary departments.
· Participates in performance improvement and CQI activities.
· Responsible for pre-registering patients for scheduled admissions and outpatient procedures, obtaining authorization and verifying insurance eligibility.
· Responsible for interviewing patients or their representatives, where admission is unscheduled, for obtaining personal information or verifying information already on file, including emergency numbers and insurance information.
· Responsible for obtaining signatures on Consent for Treatment and initiating the advance directive process. Communicates to Nursing when no advance directive is available.
· Provide information to the patient/representative about billing, complaint process, patient rights and visiting hours. Distributes hospital specific literature.
· Responsible for insuring that a patient’s valuables are taken home by a family member or secured in the safe.
· Responsible, when previous arrangements have been made or a co-payment is required, to collect such payments, record payment and forward to the Business Office personnel.
· Responsible for knowing hospital policies and being familiar with hospital services that are available.
· Refers patient to the Business Office or Financial Counselor when financial arrangements need to be made.
· Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function well in stressful situations.
· Ensures that documentation meets current standards and policies.
· Checks and stocks supplies as needed.
· Responsible for obtaining information quickly and accurately in an Emergency Department setting as to “Quick Reg” emergency patients per protocol.
· Interviews patients or representative bedside in an Emergency Department setting to obtain necessary demographic, insurance, and emergency information.
· Has working knowledge of the Hospital Switchboard to provide coverage for the Operator when necessary.
What You Will Need:
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required.
Additional languages preferred.
High school graduate or equivalent required.
Previous admitting or relevant experience preferred.
Arrange for the efficient and orderly admission of inpatients and admission of individuals who have hospital based outpatient testing or procedures. Ensure that the patient information is collected and that patients are aware of hospital policies and procedures. Interview incoming patient or representatives and enters information required for admission into computer database. Distribute appropriate information to ancillary departments. Participate in performance improvement and CQI activities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.