AdventHealth PR-Tech I Central Supply in Hendersonville, North Carolina
CENTRAL STERILE TECHNICIAN FULL TIME EVENINGS
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-works who feel like family
Faith based environment
Full time evenings; M - F 3pm to 11:30pm
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Disassemble, clean, assemble, sterilize, and store procedure trays, instruments, equipment and supplies according to prescribed procedures and aseptic technique, under direct supervision.
· Complete requests to dispense equipment and supplies in maintaining and processing patient charge records and maintaining department inventory.
· Sterilize instruments, equipment, utensils, linen and supplies using various types of autoclaves and aerators. Loads autoclaves in the prescribed manner and sets controls to the specific times and temperatures according to material and requirements of items being sterilized.
· Complete appropriate documentation records prior to sterilization. Read and initial autoclave graph to verify appropriate sterilization cycle and provide required records for inspection.
· Assemble all instrument procedure trays, packs and kits according to the prescribed manner using content list as a guide. Wrap packages and handle all items following procedures.
· Mark items with identifying data and distribute or store in designated area. Notify supervisor when unable to replace parts, or when equipment is deficient in the work area.
· Dispense products requested for sterile and non-sterile equipment and supplies. Assign priority to emergency request and issue required supplies and equipment based on knowledge of procedure intended. Assemble and wrap materials, instruments, and supplies according to established aseptic technique.
· Replace lost or damaged parts such as tubes, containers and connectors from stock on hand. Complete required forms and transfer inoperable equipment to the appropriate holding area for repair.
· Maintain assigned work areas for equipment in a clean and organized condition to maintain required standards for handling sterilized and clean materials and to maintain a safe working environment.
· Assist in the orientation of new employees to each work assignment area and overall department operation.
· Examine sterilization/expiration dates, report inoperable equipment, make visual inventory inspections to maintain adequate stock and supply levels.
· Perform other related duties as required.
· Test Effectiveness of autoclave function by assembling and placing cultured spore test following procedure.
· Store new and reprocessed equipment and supplies.
What You Will Need:
High school diploma or equivalent required
Current registration as CRCST within 18 months of hire with a minimum of one year experience in an acute care hospital required
Must be able to lift 50 pounds, required
Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing required
Additional languages preferred
Responsible for day to day operation of sterile processing area. Works closely with SPD Supervisor. Maintains accepted standards for instrument processing.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.