AdventHealth Registered Nurse Out Patient Infusion Center Cancer Services in Hendersonville, North Carolina
REGISTERED NURSE OUTPATIENT INFUSION CENTER FT
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
Full Time, Monday thru Friday
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assists physicians in providing care to patients with oncology and hematology conditions.
· Maintains accurate nursing documentation including patient histories, conditions, treatments, vital signs, responses, and assessment of changes.
· Responds quickly and accurately to changes in condition or response to treatment.
· Communicates effectively with front office staff to coordinate patient care.
· Provides care that reflects initiative, flexibility, and responsibility indicative of professional expectation with a minimum supervision
· Shows responsibility for own professional growth and development through participation in educational programs, current literature, in-service meetings and workshops.
· Maintains current knowledge of medications and chemotherapy drugs and correct drug administration while following the Five Medication Rights to reduce medication errors.
· Prioritizes care based on physical and psychosocial needs, as well as factors influencing patient flow through the system.
What You Will Need:
Licensed RN in the state of North Carolina required
OCN (Oncology Certified Nurse) certification within one year of hire required (nor required for PRN)
Baccalaureate degree in Nursing (BSN) preferred
Chemotherapy and Biotherapy experience preferred
Chemo/Bio course by PRH Cancer Services within three months of hire required
Current BLS certification required
Able to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing required
Additional languages preferred
Perform chemotherapy administration, physician assistance, information gathering, sample collection, patient education, patient follow-up, supply maintenance and consultation.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.