Registered Respiratory Therapist AdventHealth Hendersonville FT Days
Location Address: 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville, NC
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Up to $5,000 Sign on Bonus, $5,000 Relocation Assistance
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
FT Days, 7a to 7p, 36 hours per week
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Responsible for providing respiratory services in accordance with specific physician's orders, department policies and procedures.
· Maintain knowledge of the various methods of oxygen delivery, including the necessary equipment. Remain alert, assess possible side effects to oxygen therapy.
· Administer respiratory therapy treatments, understands the purpose of each and the possible side effects associated with each.
· Set-up and monitor mechanical ventilators and the associated critical care duties required for such treatment, such as airway management and tracheal suctioning.
· Assess patient pain interfering with optimal level of function or participation in rehabilitation as needed. Make appropriate physician contact for intervention.
· Perform arterial punctures to obtain and analyzes arterial blood samples for blood gas analysis, and understand the possible complications and contraindications associated with the procedure.
What You Will Need:
· Current License with the North Carolina Respiratory Care Board.
· Current BLS required.
Current NRP required within 90 days of hire.
· Current PAL and ACLS preferred.
· Successfully passed the Registered Respiratory Therapist exam with the National Board for Respiratory Care.
Under the supervision of the Respiratory Care Department Director, the Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for providing respiratory care services in accordance with specific physician’s orders, department policies and procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Respiratory Services
Organization: AdventHealth Hendersonville
Shift: 1 - Day
Travel: AdventHealth Hendersonville
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.