AdventHealth RN Clinical Nurse Supervisor Med Surg Full Time Nights in Hendersonville, North Carolina
CLINICAL NURSE SUPERVISOR, REGISTERED NURSE, MED SURG FULL TIME NIGHTS
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Community involvement
- Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
- Great benefits
- Co-workers who feel like family
- Faith based environment
Full time nights, 40 hrs week
You Will be Responsible for:
· Assists Director with development, implementation and evaluation of policies, standards, educational services, and programs that support the department.
· Assists the Director to monitor/maintain unit compliance with regulatory, accrediting and hospital policy for patient services, and environmental and personnel safety.
· Collaborates with Director to oversee unit PI program that monitors and evaluates aspects of care.
· Accurately identifies real/potential problems affecting the service and implements solutions with follow-through and communication.
· Collaborates with the Director to a service that is consistent with the patient care beliefs and shared management philosophy of the department.
· Rounds with patients/families through leader rounds, lead requests, primary nurse request, or direct family request. Assesses patient/families survey responses regarding nursing care and services.
· Responsible for ongoing development of staff and unit specific patient care programs.
· Shares responsibility with the Director for effective communication horizontally and vertically within the organization
· In collaboration with the Manager/Director, is responsible for effective and efficient fiscal management of department operations to ensure proper utilization of organizational and financial resources (i.e. Productivity management, skill mix, overtime usage, and census fluctuation)
· Manages human resources to ensure quality services and promote positive employee relations.
· Employee performance evaluations completed (administered, signed by the employee and submitted to Human Resources) within a timely manner.
· Effectively conducts counseling, disciplinary and termination sessions as needed, utilizing organizational and management skills. Analyzes performance and prepares evaluations, effectively conducts annual performance reviews for subordinates in accordance with organizational policy and procedure.
· Contributes to the recruitment and retention of employees
· Effectively communicates departmental, organization, and industry information to staff in a timely manner.
· Attends all required safety training programs and can describe his/her responsibilities related to general safety, department/service safety, and specific job-related hazards.
· Follows the hospitals exposure control plans
· Demonstrates respect and regard for the dignity of all patients, families, visitors, and fellow employees to ensure a professional, responsible, and courteous environment.
· Promotes effective working relations and works effectively as part of a department/unit team inter and intra-departmentally to facilitate the department’s ability to meet its goals and objectives.
· Serves as a role model and resource to staff.
· Participates in the development of nursing staff.
· Submits reports and requests for information by established deadlines.
· Maintains current knowledge/certification/licensure per hospital policy. Pursues professional growth and development.
· Participates in Administrative On-Call rotation as assigned.
· Completes other tasks as assigned.
The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The Clinical Nurse Leader is directly responsible for the continual operations of a specified nursing unit. The Clinical Nurse Leader is able to demonstrate critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The Clinical Nurse Leader is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team delivery of services for our patient population. The Clinical Nurse Leader directly monitors that quality care is delivered to our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of resources. The Clinical Nurse Leader is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and are responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo in conjunction with their director. In conjunction with their director. The Clinical Nurse Leader actively participates in outstanding customer services, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationship that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.