AdventHealth RN Nurse Manager OB FT Days in Hendersonville, North Carolina
RN NURSE MANAGER OB FULL TIME
AdventHealth Hendersonville 100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville, NC 28792
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
- Join a family of caregivers who provide whole person care; body - mind - spirit, to people living in communities across Western North Carolina.
- AdventHealth Hendersonville offers the uncommon compassion of a hometown compassion of a hometown community hospital powered by the support of a national health care system enabling it to provide services enabling it to provide services, technologies and facilities to meet the whole health needs of our communities.
- Faith based organization that extends Christ's healing ministry to every person every time.
- Co-workers who feel like family and together deliver on our Service Standards of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy and Own It.
- As a part of the more than 1,100 team members who make up AdventHealth Hendersonville, you will enjoy competitive salaries, IMMEDIATE BENEFITS, and opportunities for growth and leadership development.
Full time exempt position
You Will Be Responsible For
- Monitors performance of the staff and takes corrective action for improvement as appropriate.
- The adjustment/resolution of complaints, concerns, and problems of supervised employees regarding work assignments, hours of work , overtime, scheduling, and other work related matters.
- Financial Management
- Demonstrates familiarity with the performance improvement model of the organization.
- Fosters patient, family, staff and physician satisfaction.
- Champions performance improvement activities on the unit through problem identification, assessment, data gathering, change implementation and evaluation of outcomes.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Nursing (BSN) required
- Current valid NC or Compact State License as a registered profession nurse (RN) required
- Minimum two years' maternal child care nursing practice experience required
- NRP within 90 days of hire required
- BLS certification required
- ACLS certification required
The Nurse Manager (NM) is a registered professional nurse who has the most direct impact on the care and services that patients and families require throughout their hospital experience. The NM is directly responsible to the Director of the Baby Place or the Vice-President of Clinical Services and is responsible for the continual operation of a specified nursing unit. The NM demonstrates critical thinking skills, creativity, and has the knowledge to manage resources to achieve quality performance, positive employee relations, and compliance with hospital guidelines. The NM is skilled in coaching, motivating, mentoring, and leading a professional and technical team in the delivery of services for our patient population. The NM assures quality of care is delivered for our patients and demonstrates effective stewardship of scarce resources. The NM is the change agent for the assigned areas of responsibility and is responsible for implementing any changes that the unit is required to undergo. The NM actively participates in outstanding customer service, including service to patients, families, physicians, and other contacts, and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.