All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
- Benefits from Day One
- Paid Days Off from Day One
- Career Development
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full time Days
Location: AdventHealth Hendersonville
The role you’ll contribute: The Oncology Care Navigator serves as a patient advocate to provide comprehensive care and navigation services for patients across the cancer continuum. This position works with multidisciplinary services to coordinate patient education, treatment, and follow-up with oncology patients. The coordinator promotes and facilitates optimal care and works with a diverse group of individuals including families, physicians, nurses and ancillary staff, assisting with educational and administrative support. This position serves as an informational resource to all clinical disciplines relative to the assigned area(s) of disease specialty.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Manages incoming referrals for physicians by communicating with referring office and physicians to ensure appropriate medical records and referring information are available at scheduled appointments.
· Confirms to referring physician when a patient’s appointment is scheduled.
· Communicates with patient, families, support staff, and physicians to schedule initial visit and treatments.
· Coordinates imaging, specialists, and supportive services
· Assists physician in consenting patients for new treatments and provide necessary education to patient and family.
· Follows up after inpatient admissions.
· Assesses patient needs and identifies and utilizes organizational and community resources to assist patients in overcoming barriers to care.
· Manages ordering and follow up for genetic testing (Caris, Invitae, Myriad, NeoGenomics, etc.) when applicable.
· Develops and maintains knowledge of oncology disease processes and serves as clinical point of contact for scheduling and information.
· Maintains database of new patients
· Work with physicians and research nurse to identify patients appropriate for research trials.
Knowledge & Skills Required:
· Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
· Effective communication among employees, and between employees, patients, visitors and supervisors is essential to ensure quality patient care and to avoid misunderstanding, errors and miscommunications.
· Must have some knowledge and experience in performing the duties associated with patient education, lab draws, primary provider visits.
· Bachelor’s Science in Nursing (BSN
· Minimum of three (3) years of direct nursing experience
· Minimum one-year experience working with health care professionals and support staffing in a clinical setting.
· Current RN license in state of North Carolina
· Basic Life Support (BLS)
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Hendersonville
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23021009
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 50 HOSPITAL DRIVE
Pay Range: $32.62 - $48.93
Location: Hendersonville, NC
Job ID: 23021009
Job Family: Nursing
Shift: 1 - Day