AdventHealth Special Care Tech ICU in Hendersonville, North Carolina
SPECIAL CARE TECH ICU PRN
AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge Health
100 Hospital Drive Hendersonville NC 28792
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Hendersonville/Park Ridge Health:
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers who feel like family
Faith based environment
PRN as needed, 12 hour shifts
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provide direct and indirect patient care under the direction of an RN or physician.
· Participate in maintenance of unit orderliness and participate in the stocking and terminal cleaning of the unit.
· Takes VS- B/P, temperature, pulse and R rate per routine standards of care. Report abnormal values to RN in timely manner. Monitor and document I & O accurately. Obtain urine, blood and stool specimens appropriately. Transport specimens to lab in a timely manner.
· Provide general nursing care (bathing, oral hygiene, peri-care, Foley catheter (CNA II), In and Out Catheter (CNA II), providing bed pans and/or commodes, ambulating patients, serve water, meals and in-between meal nourishments. Feed patients and/or assists with meals. Assist patients in activities of daily living, provide personal care and emotional support.
· Under the direction of an RN, CNAII perform complex clinical skills; wound care tracheostomy care, oxygen therapy, IV care, urinary catheterization.
· Knowledgeable of sterile techniques and infection control procedures.
· Assist licensed personnel in obtaining medication history information.
· Monitors for STAT orders and immediately notifies appropriate department or nurse.
· Answer telephone and call light system in a timely and polite manner.
· Perform all aspects of patient care in an environment that optimizes patient safety and reduce the likelihood of medical/health care errors.
· Assist with arrangements for transfers, special tests, appointments and consultations.
· Prepares and compiles records in the department.
· Organizes and manages activities to show consideration of the unit as a whole.
· Reflects knowledge and judgment in decisions and actions within the job description of the unit secretary.
· Assist licensed personnel in obtaining medication history information
· Monitors for STAT orders and immediately notifies appropriate department and nurse.
· Maintains logbooks in the department.
· Orders supplies and stocks as required.
· Assists in recording information for performance improvement activities.
· Assists other staff members as needed with transferring and transporting of patients.
What You Will Need:
Able to communicate effectively in English, both verbally and in writing required
Additional languages preferred
Six months nursing assistant experience required
High school diploma preferred
Emergency Room experience preferred
Current license as Nurse Assistant with the NC Board of Nursing required
Current BLS certification required
Provides direct and indirect patient care in the critical care setting. Assist other nursing staff with daily basic care, and work to assist with ancillary patient care issues related to transport, laboratory specimens, etc. Provide clerical duties that ensure all patient records are complete, telephones are answered and patients are maintained in a safe and clean environment at all times.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.