AdventHealth Unarmed Security Officer PRN - Hendersonville in Hendersonville, North Carolina
Unarmed Security Officer PRN AdventHealth Hendersonville
Location Address: Hendersonville, NC
Top Reasons To Work At AdventHealth Hendersonville
Located in the beautiful mountains of Western North Carolina
Co-workers that feel like family
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Routinely patrols buildings and grounds of hospital, medical office buildings, and off-site property as directed.
· Performs proactive monitoring of and timely responses to potential/actual security threats and all alarms
· Maintains knowledge/follows policies and procedures regarding alarms and emergency/disaster preparedness plans. Assists in facilitating planned drills and simulations
· Provides information and assistance to staff and visitors to promote safety
· Documents and manages security reports and records and conducts follow up as assigned
· Locks and unlocks doors according to schedule. Ensuring all doors are locked after hours
· Responds to emergency calls for assistance to control disorderly conduct or combative patients, visitors, and/or staff
· Follows facility protocol and NC General Statutes in all patient Involuntary Commitment situations.
· Responds to and assists with required code activity
· Performs other duties as assigned
· Enforce parking policy
· Use and monitoring of hospital CCTV systemsQualifications
What You Will Need:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High School Diploma or GED
- Minimum of 21 years of age
- Three years of security, law enforcement, emergency medical services (EMS), firefighting, military role experience or other acceptable combination of training and experience
- International Association of Healthcare Security and Safety (IAHSS) Basic Certification (or obtained within six months of hire)
- CPR and AED Certification (or obtained within six months of hire)
- A valid NC or SC driver’s license in good standing
- Associate degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School diploma and related experience preferred.
- National Emergency Preparedness and National Incident Management System (NIMS) experience preferred
- Job Summary:
- Provides security services to ensure a safe environment for staff, patients and visitors. Investigates, documents and manages security incidents and hazards
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.