All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Time Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our Mission is to extend the healing ministry of Christ.
We are more than healthcare. We are a family of caregivers who see what we do as a calling and treat every person, every time as if they were a loved one. We don’t just heal what hurts. We ease minds and encourage spirits by providing a more personal level of care than ever before—physically, emotionally, and spiritually. Our mission is to Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ which starts with caring for others with uncommon compassion and going above and beyond to make those we serve, feel loved.
Wellness is at the core of what we do, focusing on living a better life today and always. We want everyone to Feel Whole and we see our work as a calling. This is how we make a difference. With our whole-person care, expertise and world-class resources we strive to provide an exceptional experience for all. With hospitals and facilities in over 9 states, our consistent approach to healthcare allows us to live our mission and ensure that our communities are living fuller, healthier lives.
Shift : Days
Location: AdventHealth Hinsdale
The role you’ll contribute:
Primary responsibility is to facilitate the development, implementation, and continuous quality improvement of coordinated pharmacy services across the system. Provides guidance for the integration of clinical pharmacy antimicrobial stewardship services, drug utilization programs, and pharmacy operations throughout the Great Lakes Region. Ensures antibiotic use is aligned with evidence-based best practices and regulatory standards. Directs the activities of pharmacists who work within assigned area. Work to meet highly specialized pharmacy business needs in programs such as Clinical Services, Medication Safety, Antimicrobial Stewardship, Education and Staff Development, Supply Chain, Policy, Regulatory, Informatics, Operations Services. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Coordinates, audits, and maintains existing and new pharmacy antimicrobial stewardship programs, quality improvement changes, and medication stewardship programs to advance the organization’s medication-use systems and promote optimal patient outcomes.
· Coordinates, audits, and maintains existing quality assurance programs, including but not limited to drug utilization reviews; clinical intervention documentation audits; and clinical outcome assessments, to maintain optimal clinical and operational pharmacy services and identify opportunities for growth.
· Coordinates and maintains existing education and training programs designed to fully develop the skills of the pharmacy department staff and ensure the competency of the pharmacists involved in any pharmacy services.
· Develops and coordinates educational content for medical staff members, nursing partners and ancillary teams
· Facilitates the development and implementation of treatment guidelines, protocols, formulary changes, and critical pathways as approved by appropriate committees.
· Provides departmental and institutional representation for medical staff committees/meetings, hospital groups/task forces, and approved external programs/organizations.
· Participates and coordinates pharmacy, facility, and medical staff committees as assigned
· Acts as a preceptor for pharmacy residents based on the guidelines of the ASHP residency accreditation standards and for pharmacy students on rotation consistent with academic requirements.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIRED :
Leadership qualities essential to operate effectively within the institution, develop and conduct training programs, and advance the practice of pharmacy
Proficiency in hospital pharmacy practice, patient-centered care, advanced pharmacy practice, medication therapy management, regulations, policy management and evidence-based medicine
Strong verbal and written communication, organizational, problem-solving, and customer service skills
Ability to interact constructively with supervisors, peers, and support personnel
Ability to define operational or program problems/needs and solutions
Ability to teach, precept, and facilitate experiential training
Ability to integrate pharmacy services with quality improvement, teaching, research, and professional development activities
Flexibility and willingness to adapt to changes as necessary
Must be able to read, write, speak, and have good comprehension of conversational English
Intermediate computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS PREFERRED :
· Working knowledge of pharmacy solutions and services
· Working analytical and data management skills
· Working knowledge of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists National Practice Standards
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED :
· Bachelor of Pharmacy, Doctor of Pharmacy, or other advanced pharmacy degree
· Three years of current hospital pharmacy practice experience or PGY2 AMS Specialty Residency
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED :
· Doctor of Pharmacy Degree
· PGY1 Pharmacy Residency and PGY2 Specialty Residency
· Pharmacy leadership with supervisory experience
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED :
· Current, valid State Pharmacist license
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION, OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED :
Infectious Disease Certification from the Board of Pharmacy Specialties
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Great Lakes
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23047192
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Great Lakes
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $45.698 - $75.402
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Job ID: 23047192
Job Family: Pharmacy
Shift: 1 - Day