All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
· Benefits from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Paid Days Off from Day One for FT/PT positions
· Student Loan Repayment Program for FT/PT positions
· Career Development
· Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
· Mental Health Resources and Support
· Debt-free Education (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : Days
Location: AdventHealth Hinsdale
The role you’ll contribute:
· Manages, designs, assigns and/or performs all aspects of department procedures, quality control processes, performance improvement activities, interviewing & recommending for hire to director, training of new employees and ongoing competency assessment of department employees, problem solving for customers and staff, department equipment maintenance and upgrades, and writing/reviewing procedures and processes. Operates department within approved departmental operation and capital budgets, including staffing, quality, safety and education plans. Meets departmental goals to support service.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Develops and oversees work processes, including workflow and staff assignments, to achieve efficiency, production, and quality goals
· Ensures laboratory is prepared for scheduled and unscheduled inspections from regulatory agencies and internal auditors
· Supervises histotechnologists, technicians, and assistants when processing tissue biopsy specimens
· Provides oversight for routine histology functions, including processing, embedding, microtomy, and staining
· Observes routine patient test performances, including patient preparation, specimen handling, and testing
· Serves as a staff resource and assists with performance reviews
· Assists with troubleshooting related to specimen processing, embedding, microtomy, cryotomy, routine and special histologic staining, frozen sectioning, coverslipping and handling of irreplaceable tissue, surgical and body fluid specimens. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized, and properly supplied manner.
· Supports cross departmental partnerships and communication amongst Pathologists, Pathologists' Assistants, hospital staff and clients taking immediate steps to correct, follow through and report any mistakes or errors to laboratory leadership including resolution to customer service issues within guidelines.
· Provides leadership and mentoring to histotechnicians, histotechnologists and laboratory support staff, resolution to customer service issues within guidelines, and assists in training new employees and histology students/interns. Facilitates workflow when necessary to maintain optimal operations.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
· Bachelors degree in a related field or five years or more of experience in a Histology Laboratory setting
· Five years of leadership/management experience
· Histotechnician (HT) certification from the American Society for Clinical Pathology (ASCP) or equivalent
Preferred Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification or Registration
· Six years of experience in a Hospital-based Histology Laboratory setting
· Three years of experience in supervisory position in laboratory
· Master's degree in a related field, or combination of Bachelor's degree and related experience
· Certified as Qualification in Immunohistochemistry (QHIC) by A.S.C.P.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Hinsdale
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23022829
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: 120 N OAK ST
Pay Range: $37.736 - $62.264
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Job ID: 23022829
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day