Performance Improvement Coordinator Home Health
All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Debt-free Education* (Certifications and Degrees without out-of-pocket tuition expense)
Nursing Clinical Ladder Program*
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Full -Time/Day
Shift : Day Shift
Location: LaGrange Hospital Home Health office (Hybrid Position but first 90 days will be in office)
The role you’ll contribute:
The Quality Improvement (QI) Coordinator is responsible for development and implementation of the quality improvement program to review and evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of service provision to patients and, upon identification of problems, initiates specific action to correct the problems and deficiencies.
The quality improvement program should identify and track high risk, high volume, and problem prone areas. The analysis of these areas should be used to monitor the effectiveness, safety of services and quality of care.
Tracking adverse patient events that are negative and unexpected, impact a patient’s plan of care, and have the potential to cause a decline in a patient’s condition include falls, medication errors and infections.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Implements performance improvement and quality activities to ensure compliance with federal/state home care regulations. Includes collection and use of comparative data, performance of specified audits and utilization management activities.
· Serves as a resource to staff regarding agency operation and regulatory agency/intermediary requirements
· Optimizes the smooth transition of care from referral source to home.
o Fields initial admission calls from clinician in patient home to ensure admission criteria/payer eligibility is met and patient is involved in establishing the care plan.
o Works with admitting clinician to establish initial care plan for all disciplines following utilization guidelines based on findings from the initial patient assessment.
o Performs review of documentation and plan of care to ensure plans of care are individualized based on the patient’s needs, strengths, limitations and goals and are congruent with primary focus of care, physician face to face encounter and reason for homecare and utilization of appropriate disciplines.
o Communicates effectively with all team members to ensure care is appropriately set up and managed for the patient.
· Directs the development and implementation of Performance Improvement Projects (PIPS) and collaborates with team to make improvements in metrics related to safety and regulatory compliance.
· Develops, participates/completes audits by collecting and reporting data that includes:
o Review of documentation of the care and services provided that includes a sample of both active and closed clinical records by the director of nursing or their delegate
o Tracking of adverse patient events including falls, medication errors and infections
· Identifies problems and deficiencies through patterns and trends over time and implements specific actions to correct the problems and deficiencies.
· Ensures that patient outcomes are monitored and improved through appropriate safety/preventive measures.
· Directs the analysis of potentially avoidable events and in evaluating outcome for opportunities that may include process design, staff education, assessment and documentation
· Performs review and correction (or directs correction) with items related to bill holds and unbilled reports and assists with coaching staff to meet requirements
· Maintains membership of and participates in applicable home care-related and professional organizations.
· Performs other duties as assigned
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed:
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Â· Associate degree in nursing.
Â· Minimum 3 years experience as a Registered Nurse
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE PREFERRED:
Â· Bachelorâ€™s degree
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION REQUIRED:
Â· A clear/active Nurse (RN) license in the state of practice
LICENSURE, CERTIFICATION OR REGISTRATION PREFERRED:
Â· Certification in OASIS
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Category: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Organization: UChicago Medicine AdventHealth Hinsdale Home Health
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23040272
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $34.798 - $52.197
Location: Hinsdale, IL
Job ID: 23040272
Job Family: Quality/Clinical Effectiveness
Shift: 1 - Day