AdventHealth Certified Nursing Assistant CNA Various Shifts Available Skilled Nursing in Houston, Texas
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) AdventHealth Care Center Burleson
This position is located in Burleson
Huguley Nursing & Rehab
301 Huguley Blvd, Burleson, TX 76028
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Care Center Business Office
AdventHealth Care Center’s mission to “Extend the Healing Ministry of Christ”
The opportunity and encouragement to truly care for and love the patients/residents they serve
The opportunity to work with like-minded co-workers who believe and support the organization’s mission
The patient-centric focus of meeting the needs of the patient/residents
Being part of a large healthcare organization where we can be “Greater as a Whole”
Various shifts available.
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Gives general care such as bathing, dressing, shampooing of hair, nail trimming, cleaning of teeth, hair care, and shaving of residents or assists residents to do their own care within limitation.
- Responsible for making and changing beds.
- Attends to resident’s personal hygiene needs as required. May assist residents to and from the bathroom and give bed pan.
- Serves meals to residents and assists those who cannot feed themselves or need assistance with their meals. Records food and fluid intake per policy and procedures.
- Performs personal care and services to meet individual resident needs and preferences.
- Communicates to enhance dignity and respect.
- Answers call lights as required, keeping in mind that employees must respond to all calls regardless of who has immediate responsibility for the resident.
- Reports any change of condition or unusual findings to the unit nurse per policy and procedures.
- Applies aseptic technique in all resident care. Follows Universal Precautions.
- Assists in transfer maneuvers, using proper body mechanics and gait belts per policy.
- Documents required residents’ information as outlined by the facility policy and procedures.
- Checks and records vitals and weight on a regular basis following established policy or at the request of the unit nurse or at own discretion if the need exists.
- Carries out restorative nursing measures.
- Attends staff education, training and other required meetings.
- Follows the Nurse Aide Standards of Practice.
- Follows the resident ‘care plan and communicates with the nurse about changes.
- May come in contact with blood and other infectious body fluids.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be required by the unit nurse.
What You Will Need:
- Must be 18 years of age or older
- Current Basic Life Support (CPR) certification from a certified instructor requiring live return demonstration, such as the American Heart Association is preferred, and required to be obtained within the first 30 days after employment
Certified Nursing Assistant License or meets one of the following criteria that will result in certification within 120 days of employment:
Is certified as a CNA in another state and is awaiting certification by reciprocity in current state
- Has completed and has proof of passing a certification exam, but is still awaiting the actual Certified Nursing Assistant certificate
Assist professional nursing personnel in providing nursing care and simple technical nursing services under the direction and supervision of a registered nurse or licensed practical nurse.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Care Center Burleson
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.