AdventHealth Certified Surgical Technician Cardiovascular Full Time Days 4/10 hour shifts hours Celebration Possible $5000 Sign On in jacksonville, Florida
Certified Surgical Technician – Cardiovascular - AdventHealth – Celebration
Top Reasons to work at AdventHealth - Celebration
- Established in 1997 and now a 203 bed hospital
- Designed as a Mediterranean resort-style facility to serve as a cornerstone of health in Disney’s planned community of Celebration
- The hospital consistently delivers a state of the art healing environment to residents of Osceola, Orange, Polk and Lake Counties, as well as to visitors from across the United States and the world. All within a ‘living laboratory’ of groundbreaking, research-driven clinicals solutions that integrate mind, body and spirit in the defeat of illness and disease
Under general supervision, a surgical scrub technician/nurse assists with the patient care in surgery by performance of technical and other delegated duties. Functions as a member of the surgical team, as a scrub person by providing care to surgical patients of age specific groups identified in the unit standards of care (may include neonate to geriatric). Adheres to the AdventHealth Corporate Compliance Plan and to all rules and regulations of all applicable local, state and federal agencies and accrediting bodies. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
Certification from the National Board of Surgical Technology and Surgical Assisting (NBSTSA) or the National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT). Completion of a RN training program will be accepted in place of certification.
If LPN, must have current, valid State of Florida license as a Licensed Professional Nurse. Additional Surgical Technician certification not required.
- Basic aseptic/sterile technique skills
- Knowledge of surgical instrumentation
Demonstrates through behavior AdventHealth’s core Values of Keep Me Safe, Love Me, Make it Easy, and Own It.
- Performs the role of surgical scrub by anticipating the needs of the surgeon and keeping the circulating nurse informed of any needs throughout a procedure. Ensures that all supplies, equipment, and medications are assembled prior to the procedure.
- Is innovative in maintaining high standards and quality in the facilitation of cost savings and containment.
- In an efficient and organized manner, assists team with safe and appropriate operating room turnover times. Directs ancillary personnel participating in room turnover. Provides assistance and support as needed to members of the surgical team.
- Supervises other healthcare team members in the surgical environment. Utilizes knowledge base to assist with orientation, training, and the education of new personnel.
- Promotes a safe environment. Takes appropriate action in emergency situations, being aware of and controlling hazards which may endanger patients, visitors, and employees. Identifies and reports environmental concerns to the management team. Ensures adherence to appropriate regulatory standards and FH policy and procedure.
- Follows CDC isolation guidelines, appropriately uses PPE, and performs hand washing according to policy. Strictly adheres to all infection control practices and diligently monitors aseptic technique of the entire surgical team. Takes immediate corrective action for breaks in technique.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.