AdventHealth Activity Therapist Assistant FT Days in Killeen, Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time / Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Implementing activity program to meet the needs of the individuals, group, and age specific population served.
· Compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to prevent harm or injury to patients, employees, or self. Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patient conditions.
· Responsibility for reporting of needed department supplies, equipment repairs, and adherence of efficient time management, utilization of resources, and infection control procedures.
· Demonstrate Whole Care Service Standards with fellow employees, physicians, and patients on a continual basis.
· Opt-In participation in Everbridge Emergency Notification System
· Works in a well-equipped environment. Blood Borne Pathogen Exposure Category I. More than routine potential for exposure to aggressive and violent outbursts. Real potential for physical harm from non-compliant patient. Subject to extended hours without relief. Work requires the movement of equipment and lifting up to 25 pounds, stoop, bend, reach and stand.
· Requires compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to prevent injury to patients, employees, or self. Institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments in patient conditions.
· Bedside Mobile Workstations (BMW), restraint/seclusion beds, belts and equipment, computer, scanner, fax machine, copier, overhead projector, flipcharts, multi-line/feature telephone, DVD, printer, calculator.
· Experience working with child, adolescent and adult populations.
What You Will Need:
· Minimum requirement is a High School Diploma or GED.
· 2 years of related experience
· Ability to complete and maintain certification in Crisis Prevention Institute (CPI) behavioral patient management trainer course.
· Ability to complete and maintain BLS certification preferred
· Bachelor’s Degree in Activity Therapy or related field is desirable.
· One year of experience in Activity Therapy field (Art, Recreation, and Fitness) is preferred.
· Prior experience in healthcare setting is preferred.
The Behavioral Health Center (BH) Activity Therapy Assistant is responsible for organizing and implementing appropriate Activity Therapy programs as assigned for individual patients and groups of patients in accordance with the patient's identified needs, capabilities, and interests. The Activity Therapy Assistant works closely with the Activity Therapy Coordinator to meet the patient's needs through delivery of multi-disciplinary activities.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.