AdventHealth BHC Cook Specialist in Killeen, Texas
BHC Specialist - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
You Will Be Responsible For:
Understands and adheres to department polices and guidelines to affect compliance to state, federal, and regulatory standards, including, but not limited to:
Sanitation and Safety Inspections, and
Actively participates in the daily production of assigned food items – starches, vegetables, breads, etc.
Prepares all assigned foods according to the Nutrition Services Department’s standardized recipes. Consistently produces high quality food for all food items.
Serves on BHC Café serving line and assists with caterings, as assigned.
Serves as cashier in BHC Café.
Maintains work area in clean, neat, and organized manner.
Conveys all pertinent information to Nutrition Services Supervisor and/or his/her designee in a timely manner.
Performs cleaning on assigned equipment at the regularly scheduled intervals.
Attends department and section meetings and/or in-services regularly.
Ensures that all assignments are completed within established timelines and standards.
Interacts with departmental employees, organizational staff, physicians, patients, and families as appropriate. Practices customer service skills consistently and with genuine conviction.
What You Will Need:
High school graduate or GED required
Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred
Previous cashier experience preferred
ServSafe Certification preferred
Bell County Food Handlers Card preferred
Good tenure at prior positions
Under the direction of the AHCT Production Supervisor, cook, and prepares foods for patients, staff, and customers, completes patient services functions, and performs other duties as assigned. To this end, this position:
1. Possesses and demonstrates appropriate cooking skills,
2. Ensures compliance to department standards as aligned with state, federal, and regulatory safety and sanitation standards,
3. Demonstrates knowledge of standardized recipes and rationale for adherence to these, and
4. Completes all tasks associated with this function, including but not limited to:
o Inventories and stocks patient nourishment areas efficiently and accurately,
o Provides efficient, effective service to all customers in a friendly compassionate manner in BHC Café and on patient units, and
o Possess knowledge of POS system.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.