AdventHealth Certified Echo Sonography Tech - PRN in Killeen, Texas
Certified Echo Sonography Tech - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Responsible for the application of imaging guidelines and standards in accordance with current practices.
- Patient Care activities include, but not limited to:
- Follows directors direction and job assignments daily with flexibility as changes necessitate.
- Reviews Ultrasound orders to assess correctness of examination requested and any patient special needs or conditions.
- Ensures correct patient for each procedure using proper standards for identification.
- Communicates with all patients professionally at all times while looking for opportunities to exceed their expectations.
- Provides instructions /educates patients and/or significant others on examinations to be performed when necessary.
- Maintains cleanliness and proper working order of assigned equipment, examination rooms and overall appearance of department and facility.
- Greets and assists patients when visiting the department and when assistance is necessary while in the hospital.
- Immediately provides director with detailed information on any safety concerns for patients or staffthat may impact care or overall well being.
- Has knowledge of and understands current JCAHO Standards for the clinical aspect of the department.
What You Will Need:
- AA degree required, unless where a grandfathered technologist with RDCS or CCI certification will override the AA degree requirement.
- Successful completion of American Registry of Diagnostic Medical Sonographers, (ARDMS) boards with RDCS certification, or CCI and continuing education requirements.
- Current basic life support (BLS) certification.
Performs echo procedures at a technical level not requiring constant supervision of technical detail. Performs a variety of technical procedures that will require independent judgment, in adverse situations. Obtains quality diagnostic echo cardiology scans and responds to the cardiologists input as appropriate, and will assume responsibility for related tasks as needed. Works on teambuilding initiatives with staff in section, and in the department. Behavior and communication skills must always be in keeping with the organizations standards of behavior policy.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.