AdventHealth Cook PT in Killeen, Texas
Cook - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Our team members are nationally recognized for delivering the highest level of care. We offer the latest advances in medicine and provide uncommon compassion as part of our faith-based approach to wellness. Our employees make a difference on a higher level by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central Texas & AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive salary while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for patients’ bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives of others.
Top Reasons to Work at AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
You Will Be Responsible For:
Understands and adheres to department polices and guidelines to affect compliance to state, federal, and regulatory standards, including, but not limited to:
Sanitation and Safety Inspections, and
Actively participates in the daily production of all foods for patients, retail, and caterings, as assigned.
Prepares all foods according to the Nutrition Services Department’s standardized recipes. Consistently produces high quality food for all assigned areas.
Serves on patient trayline, Café Metro trayline, and in catering, as assigned.
Pulls all food items according to production sheets in accordance with established pulling scheduling times.
What You Will Need:
- High school graduate or GED.
- Two (2) years of experience in quantity food preparation.
- Previous experience in healthcare setting preferred
- ServSafe Certification preferred
Under the direction of the Production/Retail Services Supervisor of Nutrition Services, cooks, prepares, and garnishes foods for patients, staff, customers, and special functions. To this end, this position:
1. Demonstrates skills of recognized cooking methods,
2. Ensures compliance to department standards as aligned with state, federal, and regulatory safety and sanitation standards, and
3. Demonstrates knowledge of standardized recipes and rationale for adherence to these.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.