AdventHealth Director - Environmental Services in Killeen, Texas
Director Environmental Services - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time Days
You Will Be Responsible For:
Responsible for developing, organizing and controlling activities in environmental services department.
Works with department management teams in developing in-service programs and assigns the responsibility of presentation of programs to employees by management staff.
Responsible for overseeing the development of a department orientation program for all new employees to ensure new employees know the guidelines of their job and what is expected of them. Ensures that new employees receive this department orientation within six weeks.
Conducts scheduled meetings with environmental services department management staff to problem solve and continuous education in management training.
Cooperates with other department managers in accomplishing department and AdventHealth objectives.
Maintains confidentiality of all management information. Maintains a professional appearance and be an example of the AdventHealth quality of standards to staff.
Responsible for the overall quality of work within the department.
Reviews work schedule with environmental services management team to ensure adequate coverage for quality performance.
Institutes changes in techniques or guidelines for more efficient operation.
Ensures that employees are being supervised and directed on the how, when and why of completing assigned tasks by qualified and responsible supervisors.Qualifications
What You Will Need:
Four-year college degree.
Three years in Environmental Services (housekeeping) field
A minimum of one year in a managerial position.
Establishes departmental regulations and procedures in conformance with administrative policies and develops standard for environmental services department in conformance with, but not limited to: Tarrant County, The Joint Commission, the State of Texas, OSHA, and the U.S. Department of Transportation. Responsible for maintaining interdepartmental and external relations. Assists managers and supervisors in final selection of applicants for employment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.