AdventHealth Lactation Consultant PT Evenings in Killeen, Texas
Lactation Consultant - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Part Time - Evenings
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Provides direct lactation care using advance lactation knowledge and skills to assess, plan, implement, and evaluate neonates and their families.
· Plans, teaches, and evaluates breastfeeding classes for expectant mothers.
· Creates an environment that promotes learning for staff and patients.
· Conducts bedside lactation rounds daily.
· Consults with mothers having breastfeeding problems.
· Assesses and assists with feeding plan in conjunction with RN caring for baby and pediatrician.
· Manages breast pump depot
· Plans, teaches and conducts in-service education for maternal child staff members
· Plans, organizes and delivers lactation management services to all breastfeeding patients
· Answers telephone breastfeeding triage calls, provides advice, education and directs patient in this regard to further assistance if it is deemed appropriate
· Possesses excellent oral and written communication skills
· Carries out other duties as assigned.
· Demonstrates clinical leadership through effective teamwork and collaborative relationships
· Ensures new staff are aware of breastfeeding policies and practice them.
· Precepts incoming RNs for 1-2 days during orientation
What You Will Need:
· IBCLC or CLC Licensure
· BLS certification from the American Heart Association
· NRP certification (90 days from start date to obtain)
The Metroplex Health System Department of Maternal Child Health is divided into 4 areas. We have a 22-bed Couplet Care/gyn surgical unit, which consists of post-partum mothers and their newborns, GYN surgical patients, and occasional med/surg overflow, Labor and Delivery and Nursery/Special Care Nursery.
The Metroplex Health System Registered Nurse (RN) fulfills an important role as a central patient care provider responsible for the coordination and delivery of patient centered nursing care. As a full partner of the healthcare team, the Metroplex Health System RN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to achieve successful execution of the patient’s plan-of-care. The RN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic technology to aid in the assessment of the patient’s nursing care needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to other healthcare providers. The RN continues to monitor and assess the patient’s physical condition, emotional and social needs, continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes.
Participates in providing patient specific care standards as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure high levels of patient satisfaction. Position requires experience in a specialty area of obstetrical clinical nursing activities in the areas of OB, Post-partum/Couplet Care, Antepartum, OB Operating Room, level one nursery and providing technical nursing support to nursing staff to ensure patient assessments are skilled and comprehensive care to patients.
The Lactation Consultant in this position is responsible for providing lactation management services to expectant and new parents. These functions are performed in accordance with the hospital’s philosophy, policies, procedures and standards.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
· General knowledge of professional nursing principles and techniques used in the assessment, care and treatment of Couplet Care patients.
· General knowledge of the pharmacological process in the appropriate administration or delivery of medications used in the care and treatment of Couplet Care patients
· Skill to maintain effective working relationships with health professionals and others to create an environment that is conducive to carrying out the mission of the department in an effective manner.
· Skill to communicate (verbal and written) effectively to direct the overall professional nursing services in a manner which encourages the open exchange of ideas and information.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.