All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Shift : 6:30a-3p
Location: 2201 S CLEAR CREEK RD, Killeen, 76549
The community you’ll be caring for:
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The role you’ll contribute:
The Medical Laboratory Technician I performs various laboratory procedures in assigned areas as licensed/certified. The position requires the exercise of independent judgment under general supervision. Work customarily involves analytical testing of blood and/or human biological specimens. Analytical laboratory testing generally requires a moderate to high degree of theoretical and practical knowledge and expertise in licensed area(s). Depending on campus and department, various pre-and post-analytical work processes are included in the work duties customarily performed; on-call hours may also be required. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Performs various support activities to facilitate operation of assigned department or work area, which may include answering the telephone, clerical and/or receptionist duties. Continually maintains workspaces in a neat, organized manner, and is properly supplied; properly stores and safeguards documentation and paperwork
· Performs assigned pre-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, which may include general and analytical equipment maintenance, function checks and documentation; inventory control and supply stocking; specimen collection; biological specimen processing; cleaning and disinfection of selected or assigned laboratory equipment and spaces; quality control and calibration performance; and other pre-analytical activities
· Performs all expected tests and analytical procedures for assigned department or work area efficiently and accurately, according to hospital procedures, performance standards, and departmental competency standards. Participates in proficiency testing, consistently adhering to federal and state regulations as well as hospital policies
· Performs post-analytical activities related to laboratory testing, reporting results (including highly abnormal results) in accordance with hospital procedures. Provides and acts on technical and support information related to the elements of laboratory testing for all age groups, neonatal through geriatric patients
· Provides resolution to customer service issues within guidelines and supports education to clinical staff as appropriate or requested
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
· Associate's degree in Medical Laboratory Technology or an equivalent term OR post-secondary education with a concentration in the aforementioned subject matters, Chemical Science or Biologic Science or related field
· Must hold a national certification as a Medical Laboratory Scientist or Medical Technologist such as ASCP, AAB, or AMT unless grandfathered per state requirement
Preferred qualifications :
· One-year analytical, technical experience in a Clinical Laboratory setting
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Schedule: Per Diem
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 24005888
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Central Texas
Job Schedule: Per Diem
Pay Range: $23.25 - $23.254
Location: Killeen, TX
Job ID: 24005888
Job Family: Laboratory
Shift: 1 - Day