All the benefits and perks you need for you and your family:
Benefits from Day One
Paid Days Off from Day One
Whole Person Wellbeing Resources
Mental Health Resources and Support
Our promise to you:
Joining AdventHealth Central Texas, AdventHealth Family Medicine Rural Clinics and AdventHealth Rollins Brook is about being part of something bigger. It’s about belonging to a community that believes in the wholeness of each person, and serves to uplift others in body, mind and spirit. AdventHealth is a place where you can thrive professionally, and grow spiritually, by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. Where you will be valued for who you are and the unique experiences you bring to our purpose-minded team. All while understanding that together we are even better.
Schedule: Monday – Friday
Shift : Full Time
The community you’ll be caring for:
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth provides care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ AdventHealth is committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies, and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
The community you’ll be caring for:
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility and departments including “Great Place to Work” by Becker’s Hospital Review and Gallup.
Work with the latest technology and top experts including “Daisy Award” recipients while on our journey to Magnet status and Pathways designated.
· Designated Emergency Center of Excellence recognizing our facility as a high-performing emergency department
The role you’ll contribute:
The Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioner role will engage in direct psychiatric services to provide screening, evaluations, diagnosis, and treatment of patients, including prescribing and administering medications. Appropriate credentialing will be necessary prior to independent procedure practice on patients as governed by the credentialing office, as well as the confidence of the supervising physician. Delivery of patient care will be conducted in collaboration with the supervising physician and referring physicians including, but not limited to, physical exams, diagnosis and treatment, order and interpret tests, counsel on preventative health, write prescriptions, and assist the supervising physician.
Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all. Under administrative guidance and physician supervision, will provide comprehensive services for patients and their families.
The value you’ll bring to the team:
· Demonstrates, through behavior, AdventHealth Central Texas’s core values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship, and Teamwork
· Assessment of patient health status through physical exam reviews patient history, diagnostic tests and procedures, and review labs and other critical data.
· Assess, diagnose, treat, perform routine physicals (athletic, WIC, etc…)
· Determines patient and family needs during initial assessment, provides services in accordance with hospital and clinic health services policies.
· Consults with supervising physician when needed regarding treatment plan
· Recognizes and identifies life threatening situations, responding with immediate action according to protocol
· Reviews all lab tests and consults with supervising physician on abnormalities
· Assures that adequate patient records are maintained and reviewed by supervising physician
· When applicable, follows hospital/clinic protocol and physician orders regarding use of restraints
· Utilizes referral services when needed
· Identifies the need of the patient and discusses plan of care with patient and/or family
· Consults with supervising physician and social worker to determine sources to refer patient. Arranges for or refers patients to needed services that cannot be provided in the hospital and clinic setting.
· Communicates to the patient and/or family necessary actions needed to be taken to obtain desired results
· Teach and provide preventative care, including instructing patients during routine evaluations on importance of preventative health care (i.e. Individual and/or group therapy and medication management follow-up)
· Involves patient and/or family in development of realistic, specific and measurable short-term and long-term goals
· Participates in health lectures for community groups and various health fair functions through the year
· Evaluates plan of treatments and modifies based on changes in patient’s condition as determined during follow-up appointments
· Actively participates in continuous quality improvement
· Documents patient’s needs, ability to manage continuing care needs, any teaching performed and referrals
· Attend medical rounds and treatment team meetings if needed; coordinate treatment plan with other caregivers
· Write and/or dictate progress notes, procedure notes, history, and physical examination, transfers/discharge summaries in accordance with medical staff policies.
· Evaluate the processes and outcomes to enhance the delivery of excellent, cost-effective healthcare.
· Oversight of regulated data reporting as assigned. Participates with the supervising physician in a periodic review of patient records.
The expertise and experiences you’ll need to succeed :
Minimum qualifications :
Nurse Practitioner - PMHNP
1 Year of Experience Required
National Nurse Practitioner certification by either:
· the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) or
· the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners (AANP)
American Heart Association certifications: BLS
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances. The salary range reflects the anticipated base pay range for this position. Individual compensation is determined based on skills, experience and other relevant factors within this pay range. The minimums and maximums for each position may vary based on geographical location.
Category: Physician Services
Organization: AdventHealth Medical Group Central Texas
Shift: 1 - Day
Req ID: 23034097
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.
Facility: AdventHealth Medical Group Central Texas
Job Schedule: Full-time
Pay Range: $49.02 - $73.54
Location: Killeen, TX
Job ID: 23034097
Job Family: Physician Services
Shift: 1 - Day