AdventHealth Nursing Supervisor - Nights - Lampasas, TX in Killeen, Texas
Nursing Supervisor – Full Time Nights - AdventHealth Rollins Brook Community Hospital
Location Address: 608 N Key Ave, Lampasas, TX 76550
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth
Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Killeen with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
Full Time - Nights
Weekends and occasional travel required
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Round with patients (my rounding), round with specific employees as required. Interface and attempt resolution with patients or family member’s complaints.
· Assist staff with any need, such as immediately responding to all crises or calls for assistance as needed, presenting each case to DON (SBAR-written format).
· Promptly investigates patient care problems arising during the assigned shift; assures the physician is called for medical problems, calls administrative call person for problems requiring immediate attention; documents all contacts and inquiries.
· Ensures charge nurses/staff are checking emergency equipment and instructing staff in their proper use. Serves as a resource person to all hospital staff during an assigned shift.
· To be available to take turns as “On Call” Nursing Administration staff which is in place to support the nursing staff at Rollins Brook Community Hospital while remaining available to all departments as a resource.
· Obtains and/or mixes medications and/or supplies from other departments (when not staffed) to maintain safe, efficient and therapeutic care to patients on a continuing basis.
· Actively participates in performance improvement and/or Quality Assurance projects, developing, maintaining and monitoring appropriate checklists and using results for further education.
· Responsible for attending patient care meetings; Supervisor meetings and variously assigned department/committee meetings.
· Specific employee quarterly and yearly evaluations; counseling employees to ensure they have a successful practice.
· Participates in Daily Huddles with staff on different departments to encourage employee engagement and communication between staff and administration.
· Requires compliance with all safety and infection control policies required to prevent injury and illness to patients, employees and self. Able to comply with requirements during employee injuries and incidents
· Investigates patient care problems arising during the assigned shift; assures the physician is called for medical problems, calls administrative call person for problems requiring immediate attention; documents all contacts and inquiries.
· Uses Patient Care Manager to interview discharged patients for quality of care during recent hospital stay at Rollins Brook Community Hospital.
· Capable of assisting staff/departments as needed in high census, critical patients and the covering of staff meals/breaks as needed.
· Perform chart audits as needed to monitor adequate documentation of employees to meet all guidelines and requirements from corporate; state and other entities.
· Monitor all transfers and signing of MOT for appropriateness of transfers to other facilities.
· Completion of “Shift Specific” paperwork, or data entry, at end of each shift. This includes, but not limited to, Glycemic Control Report, “Register As” Reconciliation, Missing Facility Charge checks, Chart Audits, Patient Census Reconciliation, etc.
· Securing of doors, patient information, and patient valuables.
· Serve as Ambassador Role. Able to be a positive influence to all staff and good example to patients, visitors and with anyone else encountered, to be an example of what a Metroplex/Adventist/ Rollins Brook employee should strive to be.
What You Will Need:
· Registered Nurse with Bachelor’s Degree preferred and/or education in management and nursing administration.
· A minimum of 5 years medical-surgical and/or ER nursing experience recommended.
· Current nursing licensure (RN) in the State of Texas
· Current ACLS, BLS, PALS certification
Effectively makes independent decisions when there is not established policy or regulation to meet the situation or circumstances; informs appropriate authority as required when an emergency situation arises. Reviews staffing patterns, census and acuity of nursing units for an assigned shift to see that staffing is consistent with patient needs and budgetary control; adjusts staff to meet dynamic needs and makes rounds to observe staffing balance. Demonstrates an ability to identify and solve problems; uses initiative and good judgement to real decisions; works with staff to solve interpersonal/interdepartmental conflicts that cannot be resolved by the staff
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.