AdventHealth Phlebotomist Evenings in Killeen, Texas
Phlebotomist - AdventHealth Central Texas
* Location Address:* 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX76549
* Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX*
- Our care for patients extend to the spiritual level by praying with patients and families and providing on call, 24 hours, 7 days a week Chaplains for spiritual support.
- Award winning facility with opportunities to grow both professionally and personally working with great individuals, part of a bigger team that continues to build a world-class culture where you become family.
- Extraordinary benefits to include tuition reimbursement and on-campus classes.
- Cost of living is 20 percent lower than the national average
- Largest school district in the area, with more than 50 elementary, middle, high school, and specialized campuses to choose from
- Surrounded close to Ft. Hood, Copperas Cove, to Belton and Lampasas with plenty of restaurants, shopping and other family fun events.
- Miles of scenic trails and parks available for recreational activity
* Work Hours/Shift:*
1:30pm - 10pm
Every other weekend off
* You Will Be Responsible For:*
- Collects blood specimens through venipuncture and skin puncture practices
Prepares blood samples for laboratory analysis
Sends specimens to reference laboratories for additional testing, as necessary
Registration of patients, interprets and orders physicians test requests
Identifies and bands patients for blood product transfusion
Ensures pre-authorization and completes appropriate consent forms prior to collection of limited coverage tests
Maintains proper documentation, including accessioning logs, equipment records, and checklists
Maintains adequate supply inventories and ensures supplies are viable prior to use for patient collection
Performs other duties as assigned
* What You Will Need:*
- Ability to draw and collect blood samples from patients, verify records, and prepare specimens for laboratory analyses
Up-to-date knowledge of blood collector equipment, anticoagulants, special precautions, and interferences
Ability to implement aseptic technique principles
Up-to-date knowledge of anatomy, physiology, infection control, specimen processing, medical terminology, anatomic terminology, first aid, and safety practices
Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
High School Education or equivalent
- Associate's degree or Technical degree in a related field, or combination of High School degree and related experience preferred
- 1+ year of hands on experience drawing blood on daily basis
- Phlebotomy certification or equivalent preferred
* Job Summary:*
Collects and processes blood specimens from patients, while adhering to safety policies and compliance procedures.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.