AdventHealth Physicial Therapist IP PRN in Killeen, Texas
Physical Therapist IP PRN - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Our team members are nationally recognized for delivering the highest level of care. We offer the latest advances in medicine and provide uncommon compassion as part of our faith-based approach to wellness. Our employees make a difference on a higher level by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central Texas & AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive salary while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for patients’ bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives of others.
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
§ Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
§ Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
§ As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Alternating weekends and possible planned PDO coverage
You Will Be Responsible For:
· Assesses patient ability to safely and effectively perform independent living skills
· Designs appropriate plans of care, including type and frequency of treatment
· Implements treatment plans using appropriate modalities
· Documents patient progress
· Plans and assists with patient discharge from therapy services and provides information regarding appropriate selection/use of adaptive equipment and support programs
· Oversees the care provided by certified physical therapy assistants and therapy technicians, according to established regulations and practice standards
· Meets productivity standard as defined by department
· Handles and disposes of hazardous waste following established protocol. Consistently adheres to department’s radiation dosimetry process, including meeting all badge return deadlines in a timely manner
· Documents and charges patients progress accurately completely and timely
· Entry level competency of physical therapy practice theory principle and applications as defined in competency department policies
· Attends department meetings and education as required
· May assist with teaching clinical students
· Uses measurable and objective terminology following standard practice insurance guideline and department procedures
· May assist when available to market physical therapy program in the hospital and community
· Willingly adjust and adapt to changes in patient census by altering working hours to assist in other centers/ programs as needed/ approved and observed by manager
· Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- Current valid Texas license as a Physical Therapist or Temporary State permit as Physical Therapist
- One year of technical experience preferred
Evaluates and conducts medically prescribed physical therapy treatment programs.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.