AdventHealth Radiology Technologist in Killeen, Texas
Radiology Technologist - AdventHealth Central Texas
Location Address: 2201 S Clear Creek Rd., Killeen, TX 76549
Our team members are nationally recognized for delivering the highest level of care. We offer the latest advances in medicine and provide uncommon compassion as part of our faith-based approach to wellness. Our employees make a difference on a higher level by Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ. At AdventHealth Central Texas & AdventHealth Rollins Brook, you will receive a competitive salary while experiencing the freedom to deliver the best care for patients’ bodies, minds, and spirits in a way you feel passionate about. There is no better place to make a true impact in the lives of others.
Top Reasons to Work At AdventHealth Central Texas, Killeen, TX
- Located in the heart of Texas, AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook provide care for the citizens of Bell, Coryell and Lampasas counties.
- Both AdventHealth Central Texas and AdventHealth Rollins Brook are committed to reinvesting in the community by offering the services, technologies and facilities to set the standard with the continually changing healthcare industry.
- As a member of our team of more than 1,000 employees you will enjoy competitive salaries, exceptional benefits and opportunities for growth while working in an environment that is centered around our mission of Extending the Healing Ministry of Christ.
Full Time Weekend Nights
Saturdays & Sundays 7pm - 7:30pam
You Will Be Responsible For:
- Performs all exams using established protocols. Uses facility policy for proper identification of patient prior to performing exam. Educates patient concerning exam. Properly screens patients for any contrast allergies
- Performs all types of imaging procedures and operates all equipment safely and properly including scanners, injectors, monitors, and medical equipment. Demonstrates the knowledge and skills to perform scans on patients of all ages, adapting protocols as necessary
- Properly screens patients of childbearing age and operates all imaging equipment in a safe manner minimizing radiation exposure to patients, families, and co-workers. Practices infection control standards and utilizes approved personal protective equipment (PPE) and disinfectant agents. Maintains properly stocked, organized and clean room
- Positions patient and equipment and selects technical factors to produce radiographic images meeting Radiologist’s standards, in a safe, timely manner
- Performs clerical duties, including answering telephones, completing patient record, filing and scheduling
- Performs direct patient care duties, within technologist’s scope of practice. Utilizes proper infection control techniques
- Performs basic patient care, including monitoring of patient condition, caring for patient comfort, safety and privacy. Obtains and documents patient history and explains procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
What You Will Need:
- Must be able to read, write and speak conversational English
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Able to fully use all Radiographic and fluoroscopic equipment
- High School education or equivalent and graduate from an AMA approved school of Radiologic Technology or JCERT Accreditation
- Associates Degree in a related field preferred
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (ARRT) certification license in Radiography
- Texas Radiologic Technologist License
Performs Radiographic imaging procedures. Positions, moves, and assists patients. Performs clerical duties. Performs basic patient care within scope of practice and to departmental standards. Responsibility to adhere to the Hospital Corporate compliance plan, to the rules and regulations of all local, state, and Federal agencies, and to the standards of all accrediting bodies.
This facility is an equal opportunity employer and complies with federal, state and local anti-discrimination laws, regulations and ordinances.
Organization: AdventHealth Central Texas
Shift: 3 - Night
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not tolerate discrimination based on race, color, creed, religion, national origin, sex, marital status, age or disability/handicap with respect to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion, wages, benefits and other terms and conditions of employment.